Kalipso Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johlar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone familiar with this shop?

With the dive shop closed in North Attleboro I'm looking for a new place to spend my money.

Hi,
What do you need to buy? I have some drysuits etc....in Providence, RI.

I do not know too much about the shop....they seem to have a good operation over-there...but no nitrox ....you shouldalso, consider Giant Stride nearby the Airport.

there is a third very little known by appointment only shop somewhere in PROV....scuba equipment ...look in the directory.

RIO ......What is the name of the shop? Contact?

I went to college right down the street from there and have stopped in on several occasions for conversation and the possibility of purchases. I asked a few questions and the answers all were ..."So and So is not here and I am just filling in so I am not sure"... this was repeated over the course of th past 5 years... Perhaps I just had bad timing?

Go with Giant Stride in Warwick. Red, the owner, is awesome and very knowledgeable. He will go out of his way to help you. The shop carries a lot of good lines including halcyon (if you're into the dir stuff). He also just got a nitrox set up too. I know its a little bit more of a hike but it's worth it.

Anyone familiar with this shop?

With the dive shop closed in North Attleboro I'm looking for a new place to spend my money.

I live right around the corner from this shop so it's very convenient for air fills (again, no nitrox) however I've never purchased equipment. I did take my nitrox class there and everyone was very nice and accommodating and the price was very reasonable (around $100 including books!).

there is a third very little known by appointment only shop somewhere in PROV....scuba equipment ...look in the directory.

RIO ......What is the name of the shop? Contact?

B&M Distributing on rt44 in East Providence. It's not by appointment only but he does have strange hours :) I saw Gary Gentile in there awhile ago. Shop is full with interesting stuff, worth checking out if you're in the area.

Here's a link to his website:

WHOLESALE DIVING EQUIPMENT

I'm so happy to hear RED has Nitrox, Nitrox, Nitrox...it is close to home and there was no body around. I have to confess I had my doubts when he promised to have it done during the Winter, but he did it!

I agree , RED is the way to go if you want to buy. Also, he has amazing prices in some of those trips to NC.

Thanks for the feedback. I need 6 tanks inspected plus the typical annual maintainence on 2 sets of regs. I read he was a Scubapro dealer which helps with keeping the stuff under warranty.

I've never been to the shop in Warwick so I'll have to check it out

thanks again

I was at Kalipso the other day, he told me he will be doing Nitrox fills soon.

I was at Kalipso the other day, he told me he will be doing Nitrox fills soon.

In all fairness, it may have been a previous owner . . . but I heard that in 1995!:11:
We'll just wait and see . . . :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom