Karma Dive at the Blowhole. [or "The Blowhole Sacrifice"]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Karma Dive at the Blowhole.
[Clueless, Me or Them?]

No one to dive with so forced to do a pickup dive, waited in the parking lot at the Blowhole till I could find someone else to dive with, about 12:30 a guy about 25-30 and his date [hotty, in bikini] were unloading their rental gear, asked if I could dive with them, they said sure no problem.

Asked if they had dove here before, told them I was very familiar with the site, with an attitude he stated "YES, had dove here before, and that he dives almost every weekend, dude" (with attitude). When I asked him what "C" card he had, he had no idea what I was talking about.

[OK, first clue]

I then asked what dive training he had, he stated "Open Water, of course" (with attitude) and that he would be taking care of her. [hotty, in bikini]

[OK, second clue]

She stated "Oooo is that your own gear!"

[OK, third clue].

Suited up and hiked down to the beach, entered water and was putting on my fins in the water, when I noticed them struggling and walking in the sand like drunken penguins with their fins 20 feet up the beach from the water.

[OK, fourth clue]

Backswam out to the dropdown point past the mouth and waited for the Dude and Hotty. Had to yell to them twice to not swim into the rocks and surf. Tide had picked up and was getting to be like a washing machine.

[OK, fifth clue]

Finally they got out to the dropdown point and Hotty was having issues with her mask, Dude went over to help. I was checking my gear and killing time waiting for Dude and Hotty at the surface kicking to stay in place against the current, when I looked up they had drifted maybe 300 feet out to sea in the Molokai Express, Damn!

[OK, sixth clue].

Blew on my whistle to get their attention while swimming halfway out to them, had to blow multiple times and yell for them to get back to shore, met them halfway out and warned them about the Molokai Express, Dude gave me attitude and said "he knew what he was doing, duh."

[OK, seventh clue].

Suggest we submerge and swim back at the bottom with less current, dropped down and watched Dude drop down but leave Hotty at the surface struggling with her purge valve, she was bobbing up and down like a drugged puppet, I was not sure if she was having issues clearing or was she drunk...

[OK, eighth clue]

After 5 minutes watching Dude and Hotty bob up and down, I was thinking maybe she had an equipment failure, as I was swimming over Dude took off his weight belt and decided it would be a good idea to give it to Hotty, he then handed his weight belt to Hotty, [No, no please don't do that, bad idea]

[OK, ninth clue]

As he did the handoff of his weight belt, I watched him shoot to the surface from five feet, and her drop down to ten feet, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be scared. Swam to her and inflated her BCD, once at the surface, I asked her what is the matter, she said she "Did not know".

[OK, tenth clue]

I asked her how many dives has she had?, she stated "Dives, this is my first" !!!! [Eeek, Hotty Dive Virgin, being sacrificed at the Blowhole!]

[OK, eleventh clue]

I then asked if she had ever snorkeled before, she said "No, not really"

[OK, twelfth clue]

Ok, that's it, dive's over, I'm done, I get the point, I'm angry, half at them, half at me for being so stupid to dive with them. Dude was mouthing off, that he knew what he was doing, since he has been diving "for almost 6 weeks". [grounds for justifiable homicide?]

[OK, thirteenth clue]

I told her that this is NOT safe and she should get out of the water NOW. She stated she can't because "This was the only weekend she had available"... I said "What? This is the only weekend you have available to Die?" OK, I then asked her what I should say to her friends and family at her funeral, since I was getting out and would call the coast guard to pickup their dead bodies before the sharks ate them.

[OK, fourteenth clue]

That finally got her attention and they followed me in, sorta... on the way in they decided it would be way more fun to ride the 5 foot surf into the rocks on the left, had to swim into the surf to drag Hotty out by her BCD, while yelling at Dude to not touch my arm and swim "away" from me and the rocks..

[OK, fifteenth clue]

Once at the beach I watch Dude exit the water and sit on the beach while he watched Hotty rolling back and forth in the surf at the beach trying to take both of her fins off at the same time.
Funniest damn thing I've seen in years, :rofl3: If it wasn't for the fact that she was starting to drown.. I swam over and picked her up by the BCD and held her while yelled at the Dude to take her fins off, once they were off I dragged her into the sand, plopped her down and told her to PLEASE get some dive training before she kills herself or someone trying to help her out of her stupidity.

[OK, sixteenth clue]

Had to help her up the cliff since Dude was sitting there checking his gear [or ego]. Walked right past Dude without a word climbed up and drove away, fast.

Ok, learned my lesson, dive within your, and your buddies, limits...

And NEVER talk to strangers...

OMG! That's one of the best written reports I've seen here. Loved it! It's both so funny and yet so sad. I would so have hightailed out of there the minute I realized that the guy didn't know what a c-card was.

You titled your report really well! :D

Awesome!!! I wouldn't have made it past 4...

Holy Moly!!! They sure are lucky they didn't kill themselves!

OahuDiver:
..When I asked him what "C" card he had, he had no idea what I was talking about..

[OK, first clue]
okay.. what's a "c" card?
are those those stack of cards i have with my picture on 'em?

seriously.. that term was not really something i was taught in class nor was stressed in the books.

now, if you had said "CERTIFICATION" card.. he might've understood.. and dove better..

but really.. i think you got baited by the hottie.. :D

Funny stuff.

Thanks.

-J.-

Back
Top Bottom