Kauai mid Sept suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive gal

Registered
Reaction score
We are planning 5-7 days of diving with Fathom Five because we dove with them 4 yrs ago and liked the small boats and great service. Any recent experience? Would love to see if you confirm thy are still all that, or should we reconsider? We arrive in a few weeks. Mahalo!Any other tips? Staying in Poipu.

I will be diving with them again in mid-September. Just one day, to Ni-ihau. It's been over a year since I last dived with them, so I can't comment on "recent" experience.

Bill

I'm in Kauai in October and I emailed a few dive operators to ask a few questions. Seasport and Kauai Down under have both come back to me - Seasport with a long email, very friendly and happy to offer assistance. Fathom Five haven't even replied - which I'm really disappointed about since I'd heard good things about them.

Based on this, I'll probably go with Seasport.

I've had two great weeks with Fathom Five, including both shore and boat dives (w/ Ni'ihau).

I wouldn't hesitate to dive with them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the replies. Should I be okay with a 5ml in 2 weeks?

This is the email I got today from Fathom Five to my query about recent Ni'ihau temperatures:

Aloha,
Water temp is right around 74 degrees!

Fathom Five Divers/Ocean Quest Watersports

We had a great experience with Fathom Five in February. I wore my 5mm and wat temps were in the low 70's. I was comfortable. Enjoy!!

Aloha - I am an instructor with Fathom Five, so a little biased here :blinking:.

Water temp is 74-76 and we use 5/3mm full suits for all our divers. I would love to have you on one of my trips, off the shore or boat, just ask to dive with Octopus Whisper.

Dive with us or Sea Sports and you will have an excellent time!!

As a DM/Instructor from a neighboring shop there are few instructors that I would suggest without hesitation and Mike is one of them. First class guy, reliable, safe and knows his stuff. If you have any specific questions you can PM me (and I am quite sure Mike) at any time. Doesn't have to be dive related either. Anything we can do to make sure your trip to Kauai is a wonderful one.

Mahalo and have a great holiday weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom