kayaks kayaks kayaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a OK scrambler angler at bass pro last fathers day, it was on sale for 429. I have dove from it in the river with no problems, want to go to the gulf and try it there.

Hobie Kona is a double that can be paddled from a center postion as well. Lots of room for anything you dive with.
Take a few test drives and visit several dealers if you have time, there are many choices, but fit is important.

I can somewhat relate to this topic!! YAY!! I have been kayaking for about a year and a half and I love it, my dad owns two Ocean Kayaks and I have a less widely known brand, his are very stable and mine, is stable enough for me! :) Can you really dive from a Kayak? (keep in mind I'm new to this whole concept) From what I've read I would have thought you had to dive from a boat or shore and the boat had to have some sort of sign to show you were diving near it.

I can somewhat relate to this topic!! YAY!! I have been kayaking for about a year and a half and I love it, my dad owns two Ocean Kayaks and I have a less widely known brand, his are very stable and mine, is stable enough for me! :) Can you really dive from a Kayak? (keep in mind I'm new to this whole concept) From what I've read I would have thought you had to dive from a boat or shore and the boat had to have some sort of sign to show you were diving near it.

Yes, you can dive from a kayak and a kayak is a boat and yes you will have to fly a divers down flag from the kayak or an attached flag float which is what I do.

Kayak diving is popular but in reality it is not widely practiced but in some areas. South Florida, Hawaii and parts of California but there is no reason you cannot use a kayak in lakes, rivers etc.

The types of kayaks used for diving are the ones with the molded in tank wells and they are sit on top designs.
N

Well I got the drifter. Seems like a nice yak so far however I havent gotten it in the water yet. I cant wait to try this bad boy out. If I new how to post pics on here I would.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom