Two different PT-059s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to buy a PT-059 housing for my wife’s TG-6 but am finding two different MFG model numbers and descriptions. There is the V6300680W00D for TG-5,6 and 7, then the V6560470W00D for just the TG-6. What I can’t find is what the real difference is. Also, the only site that I seem to be able to find both on is Amazon, with a $50 cost difference. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks,
Erik

There's no SKU ending in "D" (at least I can't find one anywhere), those should be "0" (zero):
  1. V6300680W000 is the North American SKU listed by OM on their US website, as well as at Backscatter.
  2. V6560470W000 is the IE (and maybe UK) SKU, based on where I can find it on the OM site.
I don't know if there's a difference between the cameras, but I somehow doubt it, at least insofar as button placement and housing fit would matter. So probably either would work?

if there's a difference between the cameras,
Many products sold in the EU will have a different SKU from USA because the EU requires a ' CE ' cert. If a small change in the USA product is needed it allows a simple update that may not be needed on the EU SKU which may require a costly recertification. This happens on all kinds of products to comply with the CE cert.

Reactions: xan
There's no SKU ending in "D" (at least I can't find one anywhere), those should be "0" (zero):
  1. V6300680W000 is the North American SKU listed by OM on their US website, as well as at Backscatter.
  2. V6560470W000 is the IE (and maybe UK) SKU, based on where I can find it on the OM site.
I don't know if there's a difference between the cameras, but I somehow doubt it, at least insofar as button placement and housing fit would matter. So probably either would work?
Thanks for your response, and for catching that it ends in 0, not D. Not sure what I was doing there.
The interesting thing is, the Backscatter link is the 6300680, but when I click on either of the OM links I get the 6560470, one US and one EU. This is also the SKU that’s on the B&H website.
Maybe I’ll call either Backscatter or B&H to see if they know.

Thanks again for the response!
Erik

Back
Top Bottom