Kelly's $16 Margarita?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM:
Sure thing - Chilangos on 30th.

Yummmm...I LOVE Chilangos...it's on my restaurant list :)

Speaking of...there are several places on my restaurant list for cheap eats :)

Just discovered another new place that I will be adding to my list...but I need to go by there and write the name of it down...DELICIOUS real steak tacos with grilled portobellos and carmelized red onion...and the sauce was delicious too!

It used to be a sandwich shop...and then opened up as this place shortly before Wilma. It's at the corner of Av. 20 and Benito Juarez! I just don't know the name of it!

Back to the original subject, we were just at Kelly's on Tuesday and the prices are written clearly on the bottles, so again, caveat emptor. ahhh...now where to go tonight for dinner......

I found another one on this trip to add to your list also (cheap). It's called (I think) Careyitos and is up on 65 or so, a block or two north of the shell. Like Chilangos, they only have a couple of things on the menu....and about the hotest, hot sauce I have EVER tasted. Dinner and non-alcoholic drinks for my husband and myself was less than $10.

Christi:
Yummmm...I LOVE Chilangos...it's on my restaurant list :)

Speaking of...there are several places on my restaurant list for cheap eats :)

Just to set the record straight, the best margarita to be had on this earth, to my knowledge, is at Liberty Bar in San Antonio. They squeeze the limes right into your glass. I defy anyone who has had one of these to disagree...or at least tell me where I can find a better one, I'll be there! Oh yeah, they're $5.

MMM:
This is definitely not the norm. I paid EXACTLY what I have always paid for EVERYTHING! I had supper one night that cost $1.20 U.S. (I brought my own beer.) Give me a break. You guys just don't know where to eat or drink or dive or whatever.

No wonder you two can stay at the most expensive B&B on the island and do more diving......Or is Dale giving you a break at Balwin's?

Ron

To the best of my knowledge, they didn't cut me any breaks on the room rate, but they might have. I didn't ask - just paid the bill. I did notice that Kathy gave me a deal on the beer from the honor bar though! And because they were full, I also spent a couple of days of my holiday at Costa Brava ($40/night). So it may seem incongruent that I stayed at a very nice B&B, dived with one of the most expensive dive ops in the island, yet rode a bicycle around town and ate $2 dinners. :D I try to do things I enjoy doing and not fret too much about whether they are expensive or not.

Ron Brandt:
No wonder you two can stay at the most expensive B&B on the island and do more diving......Or is Dale giving you a break at Balwin's?

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom