KEY LARGO dive report, saturday, 11/8/14, pics,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the bibb is infrequently visited by divers and has 2 buoys, stern(south) and midships. btw the way the duane has 3 buoys not 2 as depicted in the image,,,

reefman
key largo

I dive the Bibb if I'm diving the Duane. I like the Bibb. I should have asked. Did you check out the Bibb and was it open?

One of the bouys at Molasses Reef is called the Aquarium, it is an area that is almost square in shape.

the site named aquarium @ MO is excellent. the aquarium I'm referring to is off upper matecumbe island(2 separate patch reefs, depth 40FT and sand channel separates both by approx. 75FT and had lobster trap line on the bottom between the two, directly off whale harbor) and I believe was a favorite of LADY CYANA divers before their demise. #s and a few videos are attainable by a google search. also named as such in the FKNMS database. as I recall, low relief patch reefs but jammed with fish and a large number of resident nurse sharks/green moray eels,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I dive the Bibb if I'm diving the Duane. I like the Bibb. I should have asked. Did you check out the Bibb and was it open?

we did but buoys occupied/too much current and had the wrong mix anyway. here's a few previously posted captures from earlier this summer on the bibb,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• bibb1.jpg
    bibb1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 36
  • bibb2.jpg
    bibb2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 38
  • bibb3.jpg
    bibb3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 35
  • bibb4.jpg
    bibb4.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 32
One of the bouys at Molasses Reef is called the Aquarium, it is an area that is almost square in shape.

Where is that buoy located? Are the buoys at these sites numbered?

Where is that buoy located? Are the buoys at these sites numbered?

the aquarium is located on the southern end of MOLASSES REEF and is buoy # M4. and yes all the buoys throughout the FKNMS are designated by an alphabetical letter(sometimes 2, as in the spiegel grove, SG) followed by a number(large black decals). molasses reef #s are M1 thru M28(and 2 additional marked with a W for the wellwood grounding restoration site),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom