KEY LARGO dive report, sunday, 3/19/17. pics,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
SF( another shooter) joined TIMG and myself for a double @ MOLASSES REEF this am. yesterday, great viz and schools of 30+ eagle rays reported so we elected to double on buoys M1 and M9. cool sunny skies, light NW/W winds increasing to 15KTS by the end of dive # 2, 1FT seas. very nice blue water, viz 50-70FT, zero current, water temp 75F @ 15-40FT. elusive reef sharks, eagle ray and numerous groupers/snappers. pixs from timg,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.png
    m1.png
    705.5 KB · Views: 83
  • m2.png
    m2.png
    778.7 KB · Views: 75
  • m3.png
    m3.png
    900.8 KB · Views: 80
  • m4.png
    m4.png
    744.5 KB · Views: 79
  • m5.png
    m5.png
    906 KB · Views: 77
  • m6.png
    m6.png
    788.8 KB · Views: 91
  • m7.png
    m7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • m8.png
    m8.png
    685 KB · Views: 80
  • m9.png
    m9.png
    551.3 KB · Views: 81
  • m10.png
    m10.png
    659 KB · Views: 78
more from today,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m11.png
    m11.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • m12.png
    m12.png
    734.5 KB · Views: 75
  • m13.png
    m13.png
    756.4 KB · Views: 78
  • m14.png
    m14.png
    862.5 KB · Views: 75
  • m15.png
    m15.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
Hate you guys,,The Eagle Rays are awesome,,Just jealous !!

Great pix. I have seen more big animals in Key Largo than in Bonaire or even in Roatan and Utila. Sometimes I wonder if Caribbean diving is even worth the trip when you have so much stuff in your own backyard.

Thoughts?

Thank you. I have been to a few other places, Pacific and Caribbean, and while the Keys reefs have severe benthic issues, the abundance of fish is a true asset. Other places may have coral in better condition, but we've got the fish! I have been to places where the largest grouper I saw the entire trip was the size of a small black or medium Nassau. Between the Goliaths, eagle rays and turtles, we have it pretty nice here.

We love to visit Roatan for the amazing walls and macro life, but Key Largo will always be our dive "home" in the US. We've spent many happy hours experiencing the incredible life on display at the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo!

TimG, the Cajun Invasion will be back in Key Largo June 17th-24th. We'd love to have you come and dive with us at Rainbow Reef!

very nice....thanks for sharing.....great ocean condition up here in Broward on that day too however you had much better things to see..keep up the good work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom