Key Largo, FL timeshare week (annual use in February) for sale...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rodman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello:
I am new to these forums, so I hope this "ad" is o.k. and in the correct place.

I own a deeded, annual week (week 8) at the Florida Bay Club in Key Largo. Week 8 (Saturday to Saturday) generally occurs in the third week in February. You folks are divers, so I presumably don't need to sing the praises of Key Largo as a prime spot and base of operations for diving in the Florida Keys.

This is sale of a permanent, deeded ownership --- not a "one time rental".

3 level Townhouse, originally constructed as full ownership condos; interior space is HUGE by timeshare resort standards. Located less than a mile away from John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. 2 bedrooms, each with its own full bathroom. Additional 1/2 bath beside the washer and dryer on first level. Full kitchen, new appliances, including dishwasher. Two additional rollaway beds provide sleeping accomodation for a total of 8 people. Large, enclosed garage directly beneath the unit. Small pool on site, and boat docks (there is no additional charge for either boat dock use or trailer storage during your week of occupancy). I tried to post a facility URL which provides aerial photos of the facility and unit interior photos, but evidently I "need 5 posts before posting a URL". So, you can easily figure out the web site address for yourself and check it out by merely adding the appropriate "dot com" after the words floridabayclub (...as typed, with no spaces or dashes between any of those three words of floridabayclub).

Annual maintenance fee is approximately $800. Closing costs for the buyer will be approximately $300, payable directly to a professional closing company of buyers' choice (I can recommend several good ones with which I have personal experience, but the choice is up to the buyer, who will actually be paying that fee). Closing company handles escrow of funds and preparation and recording of new deed in Monroe County. Closing company involvement fully protects the interests of both buyer and seller.

If it even matters, I am not a broker or a commercial enterprise of any kind; I personally own this unit / week. I returned from my most recent annual week of use on February 28, 2009. Personal and family circumstances now require that I sell this timeshare week, although with considerable reluctance. Next week of use will be February 20-27, 2010.

I am asking $6,900. Price is somewhat negotiable, but not by too much. Fixed, prime winter week timeshare ownerships in the Florida Keys are as rare as hen's teeth and are very seldom found offered for sale (my particular week rents out for $1,400 per week plus 11.5% tax, if / when even available at all).
Check out the web site provided above. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions about the facility not adequately addressed at the web site. I know the facility and the area and I will answer any questions completely and honestly. Send me a private message (see options which pop up after clicking on my user name above in this post) if you want my email address or phone number if you want to discuss this more directly and personally. No hard sell.

I hope that this isn't an "inappropriate" or "unwelcome" ad. I'm just an occasional diver (NAUI certifed many years ago). It occurred to me that a diver oriented site would likely be a pretty good place to gain exposure for a Key Largo timeshare week, since Key Largo is well and widely known as diver-popular and diver-oriented.

Thanks for reading / enduring my post / ad here. :)

Last edited:
I am now reducing the price on the above ad by $2k. New price is $4,990 for permanent ownership of this annual use timeshare week.

Is this the place ? If so, that is a nice & a good price for a larger condo at Key Largo !

Yes that is indeed the place --- and yes, it is indeed a very good price (and even a bit further negotiable, but not by much). To my knowledge, these are the largest condo units available anywhere in or around Key Largo.

2000 square feet of townhouse on two separate levels, with enclosed garage beneath, each bedroom with its' own private full bathroom. Washer and dryer in unit and an additional 1/2 bath beside the w&d area. Partial view out into Florida Bay from my unit. Boat docks (and trailer storage) available right on site. The Marvin Adams Waterway "cut" abuts one boundary of the property (this waterway connnects the Florida Bay side with the Atlantic Ocean side). John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is less than one mile away.

I am not a broker or a commercial representative --- I am the actual owner of this unit week. Family situation requires that I part company with this particular ownership, although with some reluctance. If interested, contact me by PM and make me an offer! I am a motivated seller and we can most likley reach a deal!

Hello:
I am new to these forums, so I hope this "ad" is o.k. and in the correct place.

I own a deeded, annual week (week 8) at the Florida Bay Club in Key Largo. Week 8 (Saturday to Saturday) generally occurs in the third week in February. You folks are divers, so I presumably don't need to sing the praises of Key Largo as a prime spot and base of operations for diving in the Florida Keys.

This is sale of a permanent, deeded ownership --- not a "one time rental".

3 level Townhouse, originally constructed as full ownership condos; interior space is HUGE by timeshare resort standards. Located less than a mile away from John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. 2 bedrooms, each with its own full bathroom. Additional 1/2 bath beside the washer and dryer on first level. Full kitchen, new appliances, including dishwasher. Two additional rollaway beds provide sleeping accomodation for a total of 8 people. Large, enclosed garage directly beneath the unit. Small pool on site, and boat docks (there is no additional charge for either boat dock use or trailer storage during your week of occupancy). I tried to post a facility URL which provides aerial photos of the facility and unit interior photos, but evidently I "need 5 posts before posting a URL". So, you can easily figure out the web site address for yourself and check it out by merely adding the appropriate "dot com" after the words floridabayclub (...as typed, with no spaces or dashes between any of those three words of floridabayclub).

Annual maintenance fee is approximately $800. Closing costs for the buyer will be approximately $300, payable directly to a professional closing company of buyers' choice (I can recommend several good ones with which I have personal experience, but the choice is up to the buyer, who will actually be paying that fee). Closing company handles escrow of funds and preparation and recording of new deed in Monroe County. Closing company involvement fully protects the interests of both buyer and seller.

If it even matters, I am not a broker or a commercial enterprise of any kind; I personally own this unit / week. I returned from my most recent annual week of use on February 28, 2009. Personal and family circumstances now require that I sell this timeshare week, although with considerable reluctance. Next week of use will be February 20-27, 2010.

I am asking $6,900. Price is somewhat negotiable, but not by too much. Fixed, prime winter week timeshare ownerships in the Florida Keys are as rare as hen's teeth and are very seldom found offered for sale (my particular week rents out for $1,400 per week plus 11.5% tax, if / when even available at all).
Check out the web site provided above. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions about the facility not adequately addressed at the web site. I know the facility and the area and I will answer any questions completely and honestly. Send me a private message (see options which pop up after clicking on my user name above in this post) if you want my email address or phone number if you want to discuss this more directly and personally. No hard sell.

I hope that this isn't an "inappropriate" or "unwelcome" ad. I'm just an occasional diver (NAUI certifed many years ago). It occurred to me that a diver oriented site would likely be a pretty good place to gain exposure for a Key Largo timeshare week, since Key Largo is well and widely known as diver-popular and diver-oriented.

Thanks for reading / enduring my post / ad here. :)

I couldn't figure out how to just delete this post entirely, so my second best effort is simply to report that the week advertised above is now SOLD. :D Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom