Key Largo - May 30 to June 6, 2009???.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UniGirl17

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there,

Thanks to all who have already responded...we have locked into May 30 to June 6 and are looking to dive Key Largo area...boats of course! Staying in Sunny Isles Beach. Looks like 1.5 hours to Key Largo & diving...

Looking for dive operators with prime diving, plus, any over nighters???

So exited about this trip...!!! :rofl3:

Hi there,

Thanks to all who have already responded...we have locked into May 30 to June 6 and are looking to dive Key Largo area...boats of course! Staying in Sunny Isles Beach. Looks like 1.5 hours to Key Largo & diving...

Looking for dive operators with prime diving, plus, any over nighters???

So exited about this trip...!!! :rofl3:
I am the first to respond... you're welcome...

Please go back and read your post... It makes little if any sense. Perhaps you should start from the beginning instead of in the middle... :wink:

She had another thread going yesterday: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...-fort-lauderdale-boats-diving-conditions.html

Staying in Sunny Isles puts you in the middle of all the charters but NEAR NONE OF THEM :shakehead:

Do you really want to spend three hours (maybe more in rush hour) a day commuting to/from Key Largo to dive??

I'm assuming you're trading around timeshare dates/locations (Vacation Village to the Newport maybe??). I'd suggest changing away from Sunny Isles if this is a diving vacation.

Get in touch with Conch Republic divers. I had a great time diving with them last year. They are just south of Key Largo and well worth the trip. I would also consider staying in Key Largo rather than driving if possible. If you decide to stay in Key Largo you should contact Speargirl here on the board. She has some great condos down there an gives scubaboarders really good rates.

Gotta agree with the previous comments - Sunny Isles is a beautiful area but not close to the Keys, when you factor in traffic, et al.

Why there? Do you have to say there; any reason you cannot stay in the Keys - ton of good places in Key Largo/Islamorada.

Re dive operators; Conch Republic has been mentioned; also look at HMS Minnow.

If you are tied into Sunny Isles, consider the diving north; specifically in Palm Beach County - Great diving in the Boynton/Lantana area (Starfish Enterprise) in southern PB Counts - also recommend in West Palm/Riveria Beach "The Wetter the Better" or Jim Abernethy.

If you are a strong, confident diver, comfortable w/ depth and current, Jupiter cannot be beat.

From Sunny Isles, w/out traffic, you can be in southern PB count in a little under an hour; Jupiter will take a little longer - driving distances comparable to Key Largo.

There are not any "overnighters" in FL; unless you stay at a hotel and dive early the next day - nothing like Catalina!

If your dates are flexible, consider going with us, check out my sig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom