Keys Dive that's special - Jan 21, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohhhhhh, i was looking to make a trip to FL soon and this one is very tempting. are you guys diving nitrox on the wrecks?

yes - the wrecks are around 100ft so you really should do nitrox or your bottom time is going to be pretty short

tjmills:
See you Saturday. We are staying at the Sunset Motel if you are looking for a place cheap.

I am coming down from NC to dive a bit; looks like I will just miss you. I dive in Jupiter on Fri Jan 20, in Marathon on Sat/Sun, and then on to Conch Republic for Mon/Tu/Wed. Had I read your post before I made all my reservations, I could have done my route backwards and joined you!

You should call them and switch it around. Getting out to the Duane at night is treat and most times nobody will take you. This dive at night is one of my all time favorites anywhere but most ops won't take you. Stu in FL is even driving down from Fort Myers to meet us for that one. Should be a blast and you are welcome to join us if you can for any or all of the dives.

To answer above, yes, we will be pulling Nitrox for the wrecks and probably air for the shallows. You can dive on air but your time is shorter.

mm.....wind has been blowing - will call Conch Republic on Thursday to make sure it is still happening

The weather says its going to be good but I also know that is relative. I am heading there either way. Just checked the forecast on the wind and it looks like its going to be relatively normal. Looks like it is going to blow through before the weekend.

the upper keys marine forecast as of this morning, sat and sun, winds east 15 to 20kts and gusty, seas outside the reef 4-6 ft. as of now, a bumpy weekend on the water,,,

reefman
key largo

..yes, but even if sunshine and low winds on sat - after all the wind for the last week there may be no viz ... i'll call them tomorrow morning to find out....if there's crap viz may switch to a different weekend....

I'm reading this & wishing...but I have to work. Ah well, such is life! I'll settle for a beach dive in Hollywood on Sunday instead. havwe fun all!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom