Keys Lobster Poachers Busted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Authorities say Ravelo made about $390,000 in the scheme, which also involved two wholesale lobster dealers in Key West." No mention of what was done to the wholesalers. They HAD to know that this guy was poaching in one form or another.

16 months prison sentence...I hope the heat in his cell goes out and Bubba gets comfy...

Way to go authorities...hopefully this sends a message to others.

~Me~

I don't know ...is great they caught him, but if instead of lobsters it would've been drugs the sentence would've been a lot longer.

I don't know ...is great they caught him, but if instead of lobsters it would've been drugs the sentence would've been a lot longer.

I agree...and sometimes it just doesn't seem fair. For so many landlubbers, I guess out of sight, out of mind.

A bug poaching scheme of that magnitude certainly should have received a longer sentence IMHO. We recently had a poacher who took bugs illegally out of season while DUI and paid the ultimate price. Of course I don't think this is a capital offense.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom