Kicked out of Nitrox Class!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNBELEIVABLE!!!
What a crock of crap...I would certainly contact Padi and never set foot in that shop again!Post the shop (or hint) so the rest of the Texas Team can avoid that shop.

Maybe next time she goes to sears to buy something, the cashier will ask her, "Where did you buy those shoes?...Wal-mart?? Get out of our store right now!"

That would be too funny.

Next.

...absolutely outrageous! I mean, I can understand that dive stores are having problems in the current economy (who isn't?), but there can be no excuse for such an attitude.

In any other business, you just can't afford to let a paying customer walk away angry or a prospective customer walk away at all. That is, in principle, throwing money out the door (even if a prospective customer has been a customer of your biggest competitor for the last 30 years).

All in all, it is stories like this really damage LDS' reputations. It is really too bad...

-MM

Send them a bill for two hours of your time. You had a contract with them. Conditions on where you bought your gear wasn't part of the deal. They're still in breach of contract, even though you've gotten your check back. You're still out two hours of your time.

Not that they'll pay it, and not that you would, or should, pursue it further, but it might make you feel better.

And there are other suggestions letter-wise that would really get the a**hole sputterin', but if I brought 'em up I'm sure somebody would think I'm serious about you doing it.

Keep in mind, these are "make you feel better" suggestions. Stuff of this magnitude, however annoying, ain't what the courthouse is there for.

Anyway, almost the same story happened to me, except I was taking OW class and I bought fins online.....

But to make things worse, the shop owner (and instructor at the same time) said that

"I'd better take this class somewhere else or some accident can happen in a pool and you will drown, in fact I think I'm going to drown you myself.....#$@$@" !!!! (almost exact words)

Can you imagine my reaction!!! I wanted to beat the crap out of this guy really bad, and when I'm thinking about it, I want to go back and........ Anyway, with such an attitude, I'd rather do All MY BUSINESS online :) After this, I'm very cautious about dive shops and hope that some day I'll know enough to service all the gear myself.

.. but after she took your money and let you sit through 2 hours of the training...she was obligated to finish the transaction!

PM me the name of the shop so I can know which shop to never set foot into again..or better yet, seein' as how you are only stating the facts, and repeating her policy, post the name of the shop here in this thread so all of us DFW folks can see what shop to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom