Kingston ON shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kingston area has quite a few really nice shore dives , as well as all along the St.Lawrence east of Kingston heres some of them ,,enjoy !!! but then again I noticed your profile that you live in Kingston ,have between 100-199 dives and been diving for 10 years?, What info are you asking for?NTD - Resources - Shore Dives

last time i checked there was the belly dumper, DSS, 1920's cars by the invista plant, marine museum lots there, schooner in half buried in a breakwall, burnt schooner off fish point, stacked hulls, anchors in portsmouth, cars off west street, wreck off the RMC lot, Tinto off cedar point, pirate bay 1812 wrecks, cars off the winter dock on wolfe, steamer off the us side ferry dock, button bay steamer, chicora off howe island, cora post off howe island, cars off howe island. Horse ferry off Glendora, sailboat off the camp ground near sandhurst

The guys over in Collins Bay know about most of that stuff, you should ask them. Being local you must be one of their supporters.

Unfortunately there is a little bit of politics in the area which i try to steer clear of. I have dove the remains of the HMS St lawrence, HMS Princess charolotte , HMS Prince Regent, Portsmouth Olympic harbour seeing the swatstika on the anchor is a favorite, the cora post, marine musuem and navy bay. I have heard of a few others but unforunately details are sometimes hard to come by.

By getting in by in the invista plant what is recommended here? Does anyone know what happened to the orginal Wolfe island ferry?

Yeah thats what they say you get from the local community what you put into it. Pretty sad thing the attack on the boys in Collins bay.

I do not know the history behind everything and to be honest I do not want to know the history behind everything and frankly I do not care everyone that I have dealt with has been civil to me. We really only have one dive shop now in Kingston which is a shame since the diving here is world class and support more. More about shore diving though the wreck in navy bay just off the RMC parking lot is suppose to be studied this summer I heard so more history may be forth coming about the orgins and everything about it.

Why don't you line the wreck and post the directions here for all of us not in Kingston anymore.

I do not know the history behind everything and to be honest I do not want to know the history behind everything and frankly I do not care everyone that I have dealt with has been civil to me. We really only have one dive shop now in Kingston which is a shame since the diving here is world class and support more. More about shore diving though the wreck in navy bay just off the RMC parking lot is suppose to be studied this summer I heard so more history may be forth coming about the orgins and everything about it.

There's also the Kingston Belly Dumper behind the old psychiatric hospital, and the Munson, which tech divers can do from shore (they're rather far from shore). There are dive reports for those dives in this forum if you're looking for information.

Back
Top Bottom