Kittiwake Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Marek - Nancy here, owner of Divetech. If you'd like to pop me an email, I'll be happy to discuss this with you! I am sure that you will enjoy the Kittiwake and we are looking forward to having you with us. nancy@divetech.com

Just dived it last week with Indigo Divers. Our first dive of the day was at Trinity Caves, a nice dive itself and then the short trek over to the Kittiwake. I wanted to dive it while it was still intact. Don't know if there is a need to dive it again. Lots of activity between snorkelers and other divers. My 15 yr. old son loved it.

Love diving with Indigo in North Sound. We had 5 divers on board, and they never go over 6. Last dive of trip was Durgeons Domain. Incredible dive...three types of eels, turtle, and enough life to make your head spin. I could have dived it over and over again.

Just dived it last week with Indigo Divers. Our first dive of the day was at Trinity Caves, a nice dive itself and then the short trek over to the Kittiwake.

So Indigo Divers do the Kittiwake dive as part of a "standard" two-tank dive? Do they charge extra (because of the fee)? Becuase most operators seem to do it as a separate one-tank dive.

So Indigo Divers do the Kittiwake dive as part of a "standard" two-tank dive? Do they charge extra (because of the fee)? Becuase most operators seem to do it as a separate one-tank dive.

Originally it was scheduled as an afternoon one tank dive, but we did it in the am with the Trinity Cave dive, which saved us a few $$$. There was a slight upcharge to cover the cost of diving the Kittiwake. I think Cap'n Chris did it that way since he had to bring the boat over to the west side anyway.

It's not often you get to see a new wreck so that you can do comparisons as time goes on. I was diving with Sunset House anyway doing two boat dives in the morning. We did the Kittiwake as the second dive with a small surcharge of $10 extra. (Park fee or something) It was a great dive as one out of fourteen that week.

I just dove on the Kittiwake last Monday for the second time this year. More marine life is settling in & the ship hasn't shifted any more since the couple degree tilt I noticed in April of this year. If you go - make sure you bring a light so you can explore the lower decks of the ship.

Sad to hear from the tour operator (RSS) that a few people have carved their names in the paint of the ship. Very disappointing....

The Kittiwake is a must dive when in GC !.

John

Looks like I'm headed to GC in October... Is the Kittiwake doable from shore? Really?

Back
Top Bottom