Know of Unique Specialty Courses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about internet diver

only takes 500 posts on a internet scuba forum.
Unless it's the PADI course and then its 5 posts and $250

This one of my personal favorites because you can be a certified Aquanaut by spending a day and night in their underwater habitat.

I've met folks that have done this at Jules Undersea Lodge (and know some of the instructors too) - all say it is blast.

The most unusual specialty cert card I've seen was "FJORD diver"...apparently diving fjords is challenging diving due to tides, currents, cold water, etc.

Here in Key Largo, there are several dive ops that offer "Speigel Grove" Wreck Diver specialty cert.

Several resorts in the Carribean are teaching a "Lionfish Hunting" specialty cert.

This one of my personal favorites because you can be a certified Aquanaut by spending a day and night in their underwater habitat.

You can also get the Manned Underwater Laboratory Specialty there, prereq being the Aquanaut. It all sounds like fun. While I'm pretty sure I wouldn't spend money to get some of these specialty certs, the ones at the Jules Lodge sounds tempting.

And I think the Aquarena course is a science authorization course, to allow you to dive in there, it doesn't seem that they give you any special PADI cards if that's what you're focused on.

PADI Full face mask diver.

Back
Top Bottom