Ko Tao Sail Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skihikedive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to dive Sail Rock while I am at Ko Tao, I am looking for a recommendation for a dive center for a Tuesday dive to Sail Rock.

Thanks in advance

The site is relatively far and probably not suitable for the inexperienced.
Your best bet is to ask around which operator has schedule to go there on that day.
Master Divers in Mae Haad is my preference but there are other competent operstors as well.

Just rock up on the island and ask around at the shops. Many also post their dive schedules on a board in front.

Sail Rock is by far the best dive site in the gulf. I have dived there three times and always from Koh Samui based dive shops. Koh Toa has no dive shops that feature or advertise Sail Rock. That trip is like 2/3rd of the way to back to Samui and seems to be well outside the range of Koh Tao. Next is the fact that if you don't have a AOW cert it's not worth it as it is open ocean and much of what is fascinating there are the submerged pinnacles. Visibility can be an issue and rough water. When both are settled the dive is magic.

Just rock up on the island and ask around at the shops. Many also post their dive schedules on a board in front.
and you will have complete disappointment as no shop on Koh Tao island posts anything about Sail on a regular basis. It is just too far for the slow boats they operate to get there. Koh Samu has the only shops that go there and it is limited to once or twice a week when conditions are deemed worth the risk. It is not a guarantee on any given week that the Sail Rock trip will go.

I had used Master Divers couple of times and every time there was trip to Chumphon Pinnacle and Sail Rock. Weather is the deciding factor and I went there only in Aug/Sep.

and you will have complete disappointment as no shop on Koh Tao island posts anything about Sail on a regular basis. It is just too far for the slow boats they operate to get there. Koh Samu has the only shops that go there and it is limited to once or twice a week when conditions are deemed worth the risk. It is not a guarantee on any given week that the Sail Rock trip will go.
I guess there's the answer...shops don't regularly go there. Dive other sites or go home.

I guess there's the answer...shops don't regularly go there. Dive other sites or go home.
LOL.
You just do not know anything about diving in Koh Tao.
Dive operators on the island have trip to Sail rock regularly.
I am going there in Sep again.
I have no problem to dive Sail Rock whenever I went to Koh Tao.
As for diving in Koh Samui:
"most dive centres take guests on long day trips to the best dive sites around Kho Tao.......it is easier and cheaper to stay in Koh Tao".

This is an operator based in Koh Samui
B4,950.00 for two dives in Koh Tao!!!!!! B4,650.00 to dive Sail Rock!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom