Koh Tao in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for dive shops, I tend to lean towards small locally owned/managed places.
Really!
You work for a PADI 5* IDC centre on the terrible beach of Kata in Phuket. And there is another with the same name in Vietnam.
"Thien" is a Vietnamese name

I have decided on Tommy Resort which is about 15 mins walk from Master Divers.
With the way MD now use Social Media I’ll be interested in your opinion on how they operate under the new management. I feel they’re becoming a fast track training centre. Not a fun dive operation.

Most operators are using the social media nowadays. Survival of the fittest.
Wait and see.

Koh Tao has changed since the pandemic. It’s moving up market with prices going up to match.
That is an interesting development with respect to pricing. I used Koh Tao for the value, the vibe and the array of dive shops available. There were easily 75 to 100 in 2014-2018 and the courses and multi dive packages some of the lowest in the world. None of the dives stood out to us, I was using it for a place to get my young teen sons practice after getting there ow cert in Maui. Many year later, they are Rescue Cert and have found memories of that fun little outpost. I remember we had packages with equipment that had costs in the mid $20's per dive. If the prices have jumped upmarket that is unfortunate. The diving is mediocre and the chaos each morning at Mae Head pier is near inexcusable. Koh Toa does not deserve upmarket pricing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom