Kudos to UK lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad y'all have had good luck with UK service.

I've owned a UK Light Cannon for the past 5 years and it has been nothing but trouble. UK staff have admitted to me that it the Light Cannon is a lemon, but UK has not been willing to replace it. This light either doesn't turn on or turns off at 20'. Basically, they've worn me down to the point where I am tired of sending it back to them and unwilling to spend more money on it. I've sent it back 4-5 times--sometimes they've fixed it and other times they haven't.

I am no longer willing to deal with an unreliable piece of gear and it is irritating since this isn't a cheap light.

Yes, you are right, i Misspoke. it was a Mini Q40 eL.E.D. Plus. I would like to think it was my superhero strength that caused the light to fail...

bperrybap:
I'm not quite understanding what happened. The SL4 has a switch,
so I'm kind of confused why the head would need to be turned
during a dive.
I'm curious as to what exactly happened here to ensure
it doesn't happen to me.

--- bill

Codyjp:
Yes, you are right, i Misspoke. it was a Mini Q40 eL.E.D. Plus. I would like to think it was my superhero strength that caused the light to fail...

Too bad you don't have the superpower of night/underwater vision!
gomi_

I too have exceptionally good luck with UK. One light SL4 was used so much that I wore the switch out that survived a flooding due to a oring. I pooched my 1200 and they also took care of me. Bummer to hear that the light cannon was a bust -

Blackfish:
I'm glad y'all have had good luck with UK service.

I've owned a UK Light Cannon for the past 5 years and it has been nothing but trouble. UK staff have admitted to me that it the Light Cannon is a lemon, but UK has not been willing to replace it. This light either doesn't turn on or turns off at 20'. Basically, they've worn me down to the point where I am tired of sending it back to them and unwilling to spend more money on it. I've sent it back 4-5 times--sometimes they've fixed it and other times they haven't.

I am no longer willing to deal with an unreliable piece of gear and it is irritating since this isn't a cheap light.

Hey, blackfish, sorry to hear about that. Some of the threads here suggested that there are some battery contact issues (works better for certain batteries) then the new Cannon is using different bulb. Have you ever consider the solutions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom