Kungkungan Bay Resort - Just for muck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rwhiting

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm considering joining a group going to KBR in April. It would my first trip to Indonesia, and I'd like to try muck diving, but want to see reefs and other stuff too. Is the diving at KBR primarily muck, or will I be able to mix it up? The price is right for my budget, around $2700 for 7 nights at KBR, all meals, diving and round trip air.

I'd love to hear opinions about doing a group vs. trying to set this up on my own - I'll be traveling solo.
Thanks,
Rich

KBR is great muck diving, that is all you get except for maybe a couple of dive sites. For reef stuff try Bunaken (since you're in Manado anyway), Wakatobi or Komodo. Wakatobi is via Bali. Komodo is via Bali or Sape depending on which boat you choose. I would strongly recommend a Komodo trip - excellent diving, but Waktobi is also good (resort vs liveaboard). Depends on available time & budget (like everything else).
You can arrange all this yourself, but check prices thru an agent. Sometimes they can get you a better deal, especially on airfare. Singapore Air is very convenient for travel to Indonesia. Connect on Silk Air (domestic SA) to Manado.
I also travel solo most of the time. I tend to book simiple trips myself, but have an agent help on long trips that require more local logistics. That way I have a local contact to assist if needed.

I have done all three. The Lembeh Strait is a target rich environment for the macro enthusiast. Rivals Papua New Ginni as some of the best in the world. Most excellent. 10 days was not enough time. KBR is a great resort. I stayed at Santika Resort, Manado, and dove Bunaken. I am sure you will get other feedback on this area but I personally was bored to death. Did Komodo, http://www.komodoalordive.com/ , in 2004 thought it was some of the best diving I have ever done. I am headed to Raja Ampat, Indonesia in October. Your mileage will vary. dawhale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom