La Jolla Shores Scooter Nav Dive Sat 8/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ocean Enterprices has two available at $40.00 each.........could probably get that down. Also called Aqua Tech (800) 345-3252 and they said that there will be two available on Saterday. They would not let me reserve them, fist come, first serve, which I think is absolute BS. If I payed for them, then who cares????

I don't mind paying 40 or 45. I called them(OE) and they told me they don't rent the scooters. OEX says they open at 8am and to go in and rent the scooters. I can go by OEX tomorrow afternoon and rent the 2 they have, and call you and you could get those 2 at OE. Sound good?

Sean

divebuddysean:
I don't mind paying 40 or 45. I called them(OE) and they told me they don't rent the scooters. OEX says they open at 8am and to go in and rent the scooters. I can go by OEX tomorrow afternoon and rent the 2 they have, and call you and you could get those 2 at OE. Sound good?

Sean

Sean, there is Ocean Enterprizes ($40.00), Ocean Express ($45.00) and Aqau Tech ($15.00).

If you can pickup two at Aqau Tech tommorrow, I can pickup two at Ocean Enterprizes. Actually, I will reserve those now.......

OEx doesn't reserve. They were trying to be helpful, but told me to call back tomorrow and see what is going on with the scooters. He said they could possibly give us the scooters at 7:30am Saturday, but we have to work out details tomorrow.

Sean

divebuddysean:
OEx doesn't reserve. They were trying to be helpful, but told me to call back tomorrow and see what is going on with the scooters. He said they could possibly give us the scooters at 7:30am Saturday, but we have to work out details tomorrow.

Sean

I think we'll be ok, I reserved the two with OE (including a charger and spare batt, takes about 45mins to charge) and will pick them up at 6:00pm. I called AT and they said they will have two on Sat. I think they are confused. Will see what happens tommorrow.

ShakaZulu:
I think we'll be ok, I reserved the two with OE (including a charger ans spare batt, takes about 45mins to charge.) and will pick them up at 6:00pm. I called AT and they said they will have two on Sat. I think they are confused. Will see what happens tommorrow.

I find this interesting...Supposedly (so I've heard, but not from anyone in position to know national stats...) there are only 1000ish DPV certs out there, and instrictors are making cash hand over fist certifying folks right now.

But, there are none for rent...

Well, mine arrived yesterday, and I'm anxious to try it out.

Wish I could drop into La Jolla with you folks...I was certified in the Cove in '83 (YMCA cert).

So we are looking at $30 now? Two from OEX at $45 each and hopefully two from Aqua Tech at $15 each? Total of $120 divided by 4 people gives us $30 each? Just checking becuase if it gets any higher than that I think I'll just kick and swim! They may be fun...but they are getting pricy :)

ryanarcher:
So we are looking at $30 now? Two from OEX at $45 each and hopefully two from Aqua Tech at $15 each? Total of $120 divided by 4 people gives us $30 each? Just checking becuase if it gets any higher than that I think I'll just kick and swim! They may be fun...but they are getting pricy :)

Hey, stop complaining. Just think of the fun factor, besides your wife already drives a Lexus, time for you to have some fun........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom