Laguna Beach Resort-Whale Sharks and Orcas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking for a cheap vacation for next year ( will have gone to Coz twice this year) But next year we wont be able to do it...Read everywhere that Coz is the most bang for your buck, but somehow it all adds up...We'll have spent ~ 3K for two people/AI/Diving/Flight..

LBR advertises $970 pp ai/diving incl..WOW ! Flights from Newark cant be cheap, but it could still be cheaper then our trip to coz...

Just curious WHY its so cheap?

I don't think $970 pp is particularly inexpensive. I can flip thru the pages of Scuba Diving or Sport Diver & find places that advertise $799 pp. (That said, it does sound like the diving is absolutely fantastic!).

Maybe you're thinking the $970 pp includes airfare, which is probably incorrect. Probably includes airport transfers (e.g. they pick you up at the Utila airfield).

hdtran:
I don't think $970 pp is particularly inexpensive. I can flip thru the pages of Scuba Diving or Sport Diver & find places that advertise $799 pp. (That said, it does sound like the diving is absolutely fantastic!).

Maybe you're thinking the $970 pp includes airfare, which is probably incorrect. Probably includes airport transfers (e.g. they pick you up at the Utila airfield).

No, I am aware it does not include air - However it DOES include hotel/meals/diving. IMO its CHEAP ! Unfortunatly, air from newark is also ~ $900.

Did Raul take that video? He told me that one of the guests allowed him to use the camera whilehanging off the back of the ladder. Is this the one? Anyway, it's excellent! You were so very lucky to be there at that time. About three years ago or so they spotted Orcas out in that area, but not since. Wish I was there to see it!! I'm headed back to Utila in less than two weeks. Back to see Raul and hear Kerry's laugh (which also is captured in that vid clip!) and all of your friends at Laguna Beach that you wrote so fondly of- I will show your video clip to them and sing your praises to them! Did you meet Oso when you were there? Can't wait to see him again too. Anyway, thanks for sharing your video! I'd heard so much about it, but this is the first I've seen. So, thank you.
Happy diving!

Yes, Raul took that video and that of course was Kerry's laugh. They were like 2 little kids they were so excited. I am sure Rick sent a copy of a more extended video to LBR. Have fun.

Awsome video and you can definatly tell that Kerry is on the boat. We were there a couple of years ago and he put us on a Blue Marlin and I thought he was excited then but Orca? Awsome. We are heading back this year and I can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom