Lake Denton - Avon Park, Monday September 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I must say that what you guys are doing for diving is really great! I did my IE at Lake Denton when you just had that small parking area to deal with. I hope that everyone who takes advantage of the improvements you are making will make the best of it and appreciate all the work that you have done! Thank you.....

Mike,

Thanks for all of your work! You're making this lake better for everyone!

hey grd.. why dont you use some of your gear and put them in pool with you to try it out..

mike

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
hey grd.. why dont you use some of your gear and put them in pool with you to try it out..

mike

Because I'm not an instructor and its not worth the liability. I realize the odds are pretty good that nothing bad will happen but what kind of example does that set for someone I want to get involved with scuba? Believe me I thought about it because it has been difficult to get scheduled but the last thing I want to do is show someone the wrong way to go about it.

thats cool ken, just thought it would help with the schedlue issues you guys are having..
good luck with it and let me know if i can help at all.

mike

I got an email from Phil Elders (the camp guy) and they are having a bbq to thank all of the divers that have used the camp this summer.

I have been able to work with Phil for the past two years doing a Try Scuba class with their middle and high schoolers and it was great both years!!

Richard

This is the email (Some of you probably got it already but I wanted to share it):

Good Morning ladies and gents--
We are so thankful for you guys. We wanted to have a bar-b-q to thank you on behalf of the over 100 kids that you enabled to come to camp this summer with your fees.
We are building a new men's bathroom (sorely needed for years) and also are hoping you will open your hearts and checkbooks and make a donation to that cause as well. If you are not able to make a donation, that is fine, please, still come and enjoy and BRING your families. There will be fun for all.

Please spread the word as we do not have everyone's email address. All are welcome, just need a call to know how many ribs and chicken to have on hand.

Thanks again!!!!!!

Phil and Pam

WHEN: SATURDAY- OCTOBER 4TH
TIME: 10-4 (DROP BY OR STAY)
BAR-B-Q SERVED 12-2
WHERE: LAKE DENTON CAMP
BRING YOUR FAMILIES-SLIP N SLIDE FOR ALL AGES—CANOEING—ARCHERY—GAMES
GREAT FOOD AND FUN
RSVP 863-453-3627(PHIL OR PAM) SO WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH FOOD FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!
THE FUNDS ARE TO BUILD A NEW BOYS/MEN’S BATHROOM !!!!
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO THIS WORTHY CAUSE THAT ALL WILL BENEFIT FROM—CONTRIBUTIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

As some of you already know, I will be having a NAUI NTEC day on Saturday Oct 4th at the Lake Denton Camp. You will have the opportunity to try out Backplates, wings, doubles, sidemount etc.., and I will be holding a small NTEC equipment configuration clinic for those interested.

I will also be giving a 10% discount to anyone signing up for a class. This includes Open water to Full Trimix 2 and up to Technical Wreck Penetration. The discount also applies to everything in the shop. Air fills for the day will be FREE, and I will have tanks / harness-wings / regulators, available for rental.

FYI, I am the only NAUI Technical Instructor in Sebring, and have 29 years of diving experience. I also have some of the best and most experienced instructors available to train you. We are a full NACD and NSS-CDS business facility, and can also train you to cave dive in North Florida's beautiful springs and caves. Don't miss out.

Space for the Technical clinic is limited!
This event is being sponsored by
Technical Scuba Training Center
(863)-471-DIVE(3483)

I only have a few spaces left, so please get a hold of me quickly. Looking forward to seeing you all at the camp.

Safe Diving all :eyebrow:

BUMP!!!

I only have a couple spots left. Make sure you contact me if you intend on showing up.

Safe Diving

Nice to see someone promoting diving in the area! I was born in Avon Park, but I call Tampa home now...
took my wife to Lake Denton after she got her cert, just to let her get some time in in a controlled environment.
I don't know if I can make it for the 4th, but if I do I'll stop by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom