Lake Denton Open Or ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy:
Probably got a speeding ticket when it was the cops' fault.

I already explained my frustrations with the Highlands County Sherriff's office. So why you continue your attacks I don't know.

Okay, I found the location of Buck Lake. My Garmin Mapsource Topo map had it.

It's just off US 27 at

27 14'08"N, 81 19'57"W

*** MODERATOR POST ***

Please stay on topic and stop the personal attacks. This is the FINAL warning!

*** MODERATOR POST ***

Hey everyone,
I'm from the great lakes wrecking crew forum on this board and My parents live in Avon Park. I know where Denton lake is but I dont know where Buck Lake is. So for those of us that havent gotten into the 21st century yet give some cross roads off U.S. 27 instead of just lat. and long. cordinates. I'm always looking for a close place to do a quck dive while I'm there without having to drive all the way to the coast.
Thanks

Buck Lake is a adjacent to Lake Placid off of US27 behind a closed resturant called Cooter Browns. I've got lake access via the dive shop and permission with the property owners and have taken people there for skills drills, etc., as buddies. There is a little life in the lake, some snakes around it, no gators as the life in and around is to little to support any.

The Location is near the A on this Google map.

Dude, you forgot to mark the peanut vendor. A required stop.

CBulla:
Buck Lake is a adjacent to Lake Placid off of US27 behind a closed resturant called Cooter Browns. I've got lake access via the dive shop and permission with the property owners and have taken people there for skills drills, etc., as buddies. There is a little life in the lake, some snakes around it, no gators as the life in and around is to little to support any.

The Location is near the A on this Google map.

CBulla:

Thank you Cbulla I think now I migh kinda sorta half way a little bit know where it is.
So are you saying you have to get permission from someone first? I just like to know the rules of the area before getting introduced to the friendly rule keepers. If you need permission who might the asking be directed to?

Well.. yeah. To get to the lake you have to park and access through private property. There is only 1 neighbor and he's a stoner.. er, I mean he does stone work - statues, headstones and such, and they are used to seeing divers in the lake over the last 6 years or so.

Of course, if I have my way, the property will be mine soon and anyone can access to dive then :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom