Lake Erie....on the PA side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am part of the Wreck Valley club however I live on the western side of PA and most of the members of my club are on the eastern end. None of them seem to dive the great lakes much and was wondering if any of you could give me some information about diving Lake Erie, primarily more from the PA and Eastern Ohio side. I was thinking about taking a camping trip up to Erie PA soon and wanted to get some diving in while I was at it. I know there are a ton of great wrecks in Lake Erie and would love to see what is there. I live in Pittsburgh so getting up there is a short 2 hour drive away. I would also appreciate any recommended dive shops or charters in that area or perhaps one of you is looking for dive buddy in that area. Would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks

I would be interested in the information also, as I live in Central Pa.

darylm74:
I am part of the Wreck Valley club however I live on the western side of PA and most of the members of my club are on the eastern end. None of them seem to dive the great lakes much and was wondering if any of you could give me some information about diving Lake Erie, primarily more from the PA and Eastern Ohio side. I was thinking about taking a camping trip up to Erie PA soon and wanted to get some diving in while I was at it. I know there are a ton of great wrecks in Lake Erie and would love to see what is there. I live in Pittsburgh so getting up there is a short 2 hour drive away. I would also appreciate any recommended dive shops or charters in that area or perhaps one of you is looking for dive buddy in that area. Would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks
http://www.osprey-dive.com/
Jim runs all the wrecks in eastern basin Erie. Best boat out there.

Yeah I found Ocean Odessey (oodcinc.com) on the roster at Osprey. I called them and it is a fairly decent price, $65 a day. Problem is I just found out that I will probably have to work the weekend they go in August so hopefully will get lined up for their September 11th trip. That might be better since I should have my advanced and drysuit classes out of the way by then.

Have to agree with everyone else about osprey. Dove with them about 4 times last year and is a great operation. I am slated for Ocean Odessey's trip on 9/11. Might want to double check with them, I thought the trip was getting full. Might be confused. Both are great places. Check to see what wrecks they are planning. They due their advanced up there sometimes. Not sure what depths you are looking for or what level you are.

Hmmm, I got on Osprey's site and showed Ocean Odessey was chartering out a boat from them in August and September. I called today and they still had spots open on both. Just have to put my plans into place to decide and see what my work schedule was going to be. Perhaps I will meet you if I happen to do the 9/11 one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom