Lake Erie Wrecks Moored

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

advtech

Contributor
Reaction score
Just like to thank Jonathan of Over the Edge charters for helping out with the mooring of the C.B. Benson and Raleigh this weeked. The Raleigh has a buoy on the boiler while the Benson has one off the bow and a regular plastic jug off the stern. Blocks, tag lines and pulleys are all in good shape. Notice to Mariners have been filed with the CG.

C657/04 - Lake_Erie - Eastern Basin - Chart 2120 - 5/9/2004 Orange and white conical mooring buoy marked "PRIV" permanently established in position 42 46.262N 079 14.609W marking the shipwreck "C.B. Benson"

C658/04 - Lake_Erie - Eastern Basin - Chart 2120 - 5/9/2004 Orange and white conical mooring buoy marked "PRIV" permanently established in position 42 51.926N 079 09.254W marking the shipwreck "Raleigh"

Updates and mooring status of the Lake Erie (Eastern Basin) wrecks can be found at http://www.vaxxine.com/advtech/moor/framesource.htm

Hello Ian,

I think we should be thanking you for your hard work to get this done for all of us that want to dive it this season.

Thanks again,

Lisa

I will also add my thanks to Ian for getting the moorings in place.

Scuba Steve: That hole on the deck of the Benson looked more like the outline of a diver with 2 left hands to me, compared to the shape of an anchor. I'll have to examine the photographs. By the way I have a Tiller one of you which I forgot.

Now that they are moored we just gotta a get a operator out this way. It's nice to be able to run back home to grab my drysuit underwear when I forget it and still be back to the dock before the operator arrives. :)

Thanks again Ian.

Jon P.

Uhmmmmm, it was two RIGHT hands.

hehehehe

that's darn funny man!!!!

I think it was my dive buddy.......but I couldn't really see him for all the silt and crap being kicked up by the yahoo's that went before us.

Let me guess, the one of me on the Tiller showed yet again, perfect DIR form?

I thought so :)

I do wish though, that I could have done the free descent into nowhere, since I don't do that very often. I had to follow the granny line with my buddy,........you know, the one with 3 miles of slack!

I never did get a chance to check out the mooring job. Is there a line between the two buoys, or was I narced again?

Hey Jon,

I think it was his 2 right hands that got in the way. I'll be sure to post those once I've read them off my clie....right next to the krispykreme pics...hahaha.

Ian, it's always great to have you doing the moorings - Steve and I can spend twice the amount of time down there (like we did with the Tiller) and still manage to goof it up so that the master of mooring has to come and clean it up.

I think Steve had tool envy on Saturday. Maybe next time he comes out to work on moorings he won't bring wrenches longer than my arm....with nothing to attach them to.

I saw him eying your bolt cutters.....

Those bolt cutters we damn sweet. Guess who's vehicle they got put into???

hehehehe.

We didn't screw up anything at the Tiller! We just didn't finish the job all the way. We needed mother nature to unwind the chain at the bottom, so we left it a week. Also, we did it in good time, 17mins from when we broke water till the "bottom" job was done.

Ya gotta admit though, Ian is one hard-a$$ diver! Show me any guy that can endure 40 minutes PLUS, in 36 degree water with bare hands (May as well have been) and not cry like a baby when it's over, and I'll show ya a real trooper! Un friggin' believeable!

Call me Patsy!

DiveMistress2:
I think Steve had tool envy on Saturday. Maybe next time he comes out to work on moorings he won't bring wrenches longer than my arm....with nothing to attach them to.

I saw him eying your bolt cutters.....

ah tool envy....only a guy problem huh Lisa...tee hee....us girls just don't seem to give a dam.....

advtech:
Just like to thank Jonathan of Over the Edge charters for helping out with the mooring of the C.B. Benson and Raleigh this weeked. The Raleigh has a buoy on the boiler while the Benson has one off the bow and a regular plastic jug off the stern. Blocks, tag lines and pulleys are all in good shape. Notice to Mariners have been filed with the CG.

You're very welcome Ian. It was my pleasure to take you out and assist with the moorings. Just let me know when you want to do the rest and we'll put the boat in the water.

Thanks to DiveMistress2 for a great job assiting on the boat!

Scuba_Steve: Sorry that was two left feet to go with the two right hands. The picture shows you fine DIR form.

Dive Mistress: Got the Krispy Kreme pics. Have to take them to work for the other guys. We'll need some more for when we do the O/Ws. Timbits will do. We are not picky.

OTE: So "assisting" is what you call that? That must be a new name for what you were doing when Dan and I surfaced.

Yes I found it quite disgusting too........

Of course I was the one swabing the deck, but she gets all the credit........

Damn favorites.......

Back
Top Bottom