Lake Fenton anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it was not a bad day at all. Ted was trying out his new drysuit, and I was diving wet but was trying out all kinds of new stuff: backplate, spring straps, can light, h-valve, long hose... I wouldn't have said anything about the rototilling, but we both did mess up this one spot pretty good. At least we got some of the rototilling out of our systems before Gilboa this coming weekend.

I've never dived at that place before. I'll have to go back some day & see the model-A. We did see some sunken boats, and a monster crawdad. For those not familiar with this lake, it's south of Flint, MI off of hwy 23. There's some good sunken artifacts in the very NE corner of the lake. But once that spot on Bowles road closes (probably next month), it will only be accessable by boat.

-Tiny-B.

Tiny Bubbles:
Yes it was not a bad day at all. Ted was trying out his new drysuit, and I was diving wet but was trying out all kinds of new stuff: backplate, spring straps, can light, h-valve, long hose... I wouldn't have said anything about the rototilling, but we both did mess up this one spot pretty good. At least we got some of the rototilling out of our systems before Gilboa this coming weekend.

I've never dived at that place before. I'll have to go back some day & see the model-A. We did see some sunken boats, and a monster crawdad. For those not familiar with this lake, it's south of Flint, MI off of hwy 23. There's some good sunken artifacts in the very NE corner of the lake. But once that spot on Bowles road closes (probably next month), it will only be accessable by boat.

-Tiny-B.

For what its worth, there isn't much of the model-A left, as I recall, and a pretty good swim over to it. Seems that Dave and I took a look last season in the spring and only found a bit of the frame left there.

I for one, won't miss Lake Fenton too much. It's a real mud hole and tho' it allows us some midweek diving with a short dive, I will never forgive it for wrecking my truck. Last spring on the way back from a Wednesday night dive, I hit a LARGE doe at about the Hill Road Exit, while heading northbound on US-23. Did $6500 worth of damage to my $8000 value '95 Dodge 1/2 ton and put it out of commission for over a month. I'm sure this was all the LAKES FAULT. I wouldn't have been down there at sunset on a Wednesday, except to dive in that mud hole..... :wink: :wink:

So it was the lake's fault? Well then, it must have been one of them lake deer...

post-3-1054039000.jpg

(credit where credit is due: I linked to this photo of a deer crossing the st. clair river from a post by 'convincor' from www.lakestclair.net. He actually saw and photographed the swimming deer.)

Tiny-B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom