Lake Havasu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minnesnowta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, newbie here. Just got certified last month and the husband and I went to Bahamas for some diving a few weeks ago. So we have exactly 10 dives logged. :D

We might be going to LHC for the last week of December and were hoping to do some diving out there.

Any advice? Dive shops that will do this? Words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks you guys! Yep we are planning on it being chilly. Hubby and I have agreed to give each other 7mm farmer john wetsuits for xmas. :) We live in Minnesota so we do want to get into cold-water diving as well.

Thanks very much for the info on the Tech Diving place. Do you know if they will rent out a BCD, reg and tank to us? I am guessing "yes" but still new to this whole game so I am not quite sure.

[user]JS1scuba[/user] is the owner - Joel Silverstein - mentioned here^ and on their contact page. I live in Phoenix so don't get out there much.

I worked out there a few years ago and went diving in the lake and dove two wrecks in two different states on the same day. (One was on the California side and the other near Lake Havasu city.
Our favorite for those dives was a fully intact sailboat in shallow water, (around 20 some feet), but everything was on the boat and cool to swim into to check out.
Stop by Joel's shop for info, etc.

Lake Havasu has a lot of great diving in December -- it's a little chilly but the visibility is clear. Water will be about 42f so bring some thermal protection. New Years Morning we do our Annual Frozen Fin Dive ... it's a fun event.

Give us a call or drop a line . www.scubatrainingandtechnology.com

Cheers
JDS

---------- Post Merged at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:36 PM ----------

best place is Tech Diving Limited. experienced, knowledgeable staff and they know the local dive scene. i've known the owner for over 40 years.

Paul .... it's pushing 47 years !

When are we getting you out here !

Cheers

JDS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom