Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove off the ramp yesterday. Temp was 48 degrees @ 50'. I wasn't moving very much and only lasted 35 minutes including a very cold 5 minute ascent. @ 52 degrees the last ten feet felt balmy, but my hands were too numb to continue with drills. Visibility @ 50 feet was no good.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the boat ramps are open and usable for launching boats with the current lake level?

Anyone interested in diving at the ramp this weekend?

Hay Art how are you? I am diving Lanier this week end. let us know how the water is and lake level. Toney siad that you were intorested in the Trip tony and me are putting to gether. (to N CAROLINA TO DIVE THE U352) Are you interested ? Maybe Mike would like to go ) looking to share gas expences by 4 people ride one vehical. June or July.

I was there Wednesday:
It was murky between 10' to about 70' where the visibility was much better. At 104' temp was 49 degrees.

We are hoping to make a trip soon, but would rather wait until we have better vis. Fortunately our local vis has been good so we will keep diving here.

Dove @ the Ramp today. Was very windy and as a result vis in the shallows was about 15 ft. Water temp was 54F from about 5 ft to 28 ft. There is a thermal at 28 ft and the water temp dropped to 50F. Water temp dropped further at around 60 ft and vis opened up to about 30 ft. Temp at 80ft was 47F. Noone else was diving the ramp. The lake is down about 20 feet which puts the shallow airplane wing at about 60' depth and the deep airplane wing at about 110'.

Dove @ the Ramp today. Was very windy and as a result vis in the shallows was about 15 ft. Water temp was 54F from about 5 ft to 28 ft. There is a thermal at 28 ft and the water temp dropped to 50F. Water temp dropped further at around 60 ft and vis opened up to about 30 ft. Temp at 80ft was 47F. Noone else was diving the ramp. The lake is down about 20 feet which puts the shallow airplane wing at about 60' depth and the deep airplane wing at about 110'.

Is it not great when you have the hole ramp to your self no one else . I was not aware that there is another wing deeper . who did do go up to Jocassee with

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom