Lake Jocassee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Two nice dives in Jocassee from the Diver's ramp Saturday. Water temp is up. 45 is the lowest I got and 51 near the surface. Vis remains great 15-30'. Minimal fish life - a few bass. We dove 32% on the first dive and air second. Dive one was 54 min with max depth of 108'. We dove the ski boat and airplane wing. We went way out into the trees on this one and dove the tree tops on the way back and the 60' ledge. Safety stop along the shore line. Dive two was only 37min and max depth of 92' as we were in 80s and were diving wet. We dove the bones family (needs repair) and then into the trees agin, mostly tops and then to the smaller trees below the 60 ledge, then the 60' ledge and safety stop along the shore line.

Deb and I had two wonderful dives yesterday Andy. We were the only divers on the ramp with air temps near 80. As you say, the viz is superb and the water is getting warmer every day. We got into a very large school of bass fry and followed them about for a while--flashing in the bright sun, they were a highlight. We found both platforms in place as well as a circular fence-like thing at the bottom of the deep platform. This had a large mirror in the center--it is weird looking at one's self in a mirror 60' down, hehe. Also, there is a large, flat bottomed boat I've never seen before just north of the fence-like thing.

Doug

Thanks for the report. I was just getting ready to post looking for water temp. Plan to come down the first Sunday in May.

We went up this past weekend (4/17/10 - 4/18/10) and temps were in the low 60's at the surface and in the mid to low 50's 30ft and below. It was about 48 at 80ft as well.

Back
Top Bottom