Lake Keowee SC access near the Jocasse dam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cahendrick:
Any know a place we can access the dam outlet from Lake Jocasse into Keowee w/o a boat.
Why would you want to? just curious...Jocassee is better viz than Keowee...although the hot hole is great!!!
Bobb
going to Jocasee this weekend...

Bobb:
Why would you want to? just curious...Jocassee is better viz than Keowee...although the hot hole is great!!!
Bobb
I'D LIKE TO SPEAR THERE. DO YOU SPEAR? WHAT BDIVE SHOP DO YOU USE ? I'M USING BERMUDA.
ALLEN

Bobb:
Bobb

I've never been diving in lakes, just open ocean. Is there much to see and if so, what and how is the vis? Thanks!

Tracy

preferredassembly:
I've never been diving in lakes, just open ocean. Is there much to see and if so, what and how is the vis? Thanks!

Tracy
There are several things to see, with or without a boat.
There are two training platforms off the diver's boat ramp, with different lines that go deep, over to sunken boats, and a gurney. With a boat is best. Then you can go over to the pride of Jocassee, "the junk". It is an actual Chinese junk sunk in about 50-60 FFW. It has large enough passages to swim through and lines that go to another boat, and to a deep cliff. There is also "the wall", where you can see the lake's former life as a quarry; with rock ledges cut at different depths. There is also a basketball goal and a motorcycle in the vicinity. Vis goes from bearable to terrible, depending on if someone did'nt watch their bouyancy before you and silted the place up.

cahendrick:
Any know a place we can access the dam outlet from Lake Jocasse into Keowee w/o a boat.

Oops...I clicked the "report" thingy....and now...I've found the reply thingy. Anyhow, is spearing legal in SC freshwater?

cahendrick:
I'D LIKE TO SPEAR THERE. DO YOU SPEAR? WHAT BDIVE SHOP DO YOU USE ? I'M USING BERMUDA.
ALLEN

Ok, maybe I've got this figured out..this is the post I was "trying" to respond to.

Boat:
Oops...I clicked the "report" thingy....and now...I've found the reply thingy. Anyhow, is spearing legal in SC freshwater?
YES FOR ANYTHING BUT GAME FISH. WHICH BASSICALLY LEAVES YOU WITH CATFISH AND CARP.ONLY CERTAIN LAKES IN GREENVILLE, OCONEE, AND PICKENS ARE LEGAL THOUGH. SOUTH OF THESE COUNTIES ALL AREAS ARE OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom