Lake Nepessing plane wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brewmasher

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just spent a wonderful weekend on Lake Nepessing near Lapeer. One of the long time residents told me that there was a plane wreck in the lake, and if I could find the coordinates he would take me out there to dive it. Anybody hear of anything, or is this just urban legend?

I grew up around that area and knew someone that had a cabin there and I have never heard of it.

I live near there as well. Been out on that lake boating and jet skiing. Its not a lake that I would think would be great for diving. First, its not deep at all (deepest depth is about 25 feet). Second the weeds in the lake are very thick. Most of the lake has a weedbed up to a couple feet from the surface. In fact, there have been a few drownings on that lake from swimmers who have gotten tangled up in the weedbeds. My bet is that the sunken plane is an urban legend.

Thank you all for your reply. I was there last weekend and talked to a few more people. Yea, the plane wreck is probably legend. I also heard of another story about a paddle wheel boat that sank and was never found due to the silt. The shallow depths and weeds make it more conducive to snorkeling than diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom