Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any hook ups for travel trailers at Windy Point? Thinking about doing some weekend trip.

Windy Point Private-
Call and ask Richard, he as always been very accommodating.
He might let you bring in a trailer and just set it up. However, I have never seen any hook up at this site for RV’s or trailers.
Link- http://www.windypointpark.com/default.asp
Caution- Onsite they only have porta pots. You pull up in an awesome looking RV you will have the ladies in line to use your RV restroom.

Filling tanks- He does not like my steel tanks, and I have a few really short fills through him and his gas does not rate as nitrox clean. Shame really.

Windy Point Public- Bob Wentz Park
Link- http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/bob_wentz.asp
I would dive from this site but I don’t trust my gear being in the open in this site.

Mansfield Damn-
Great site, lots of steps, and very interesting cove.
Link- http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/mansfield_dam.asp

Cool Link- http://www.lcra.org/about/parks_preserves.html

Andrew

Crazyduck:
Filling tanks- He does not like my steel tanks, and I have a few really short fills through him and his gas does not rate as nitrox clean. Shame really.

Andrew

Andrew--cheers!

Why does Richard not like 'your' steel tanks--gee?? What are you meaning by 'nitrox clean',,,do you mean as in Modified Grade E air.

Curious only,,,,I know Andrew really well 'amascuba',,,I am only curious about his steel tanks,,I had not heard that before.......and I am assuming he ment Mg-E air....just wondering though. :)

amascuba:

:rolleyes: :giveusahu :)

It's hard to tell body language and tone of voice into reading something on the internet. I read sarcasm into the post. With the posts over the past couple days I just invisioned it starting up all over again.:)

I agree with everyone about the emotions and reading posts.
It can be difficult to understand the inflections and tones.

(Just trying to state facts- no emotions.)
I was not offended by the fills or his reasoning as a business owner. I was advised in the past they have had problems filling steel tanks. No further details were provided. I got the feeling that in the past people has tried to pull things over on him and he was just being…cautious.
However, the fills were inconsistent and no were near the fill ratings for the tanks. I get a little frustrated when you pay for an air fill and you get third quarters of what you paid for however his business so I play by his rules. There are a few shops in the area so next time I will be getting fills else where. That is a shame really.

(Happy Tone)
I really do like Windy Point Private and I have been diving the site since 91 and I have to say that it is private, safe, and everyone is very friendly. I appricate what Richard provides to the diving community. Now if he put in real bathrooms/ changing areas upgrade to a real nitrox fill station- well then I would be happy as a pig in a mud pit.

(Funny/ Happy Tone) Is asking for a BBQ restaurant too much… :D .
HEHEHEHE

Technical note- (a little emotional frustration) :(
Mainly I use membrane fills stations these days (from stores that I trust.)
It would be nice if we all went to Nitrox clean air or E grade air and we would not have so many problems with filling tanks and dealing with air/ nitrox/ breathing gas. This is not a reflection on Windy Point just my opinion of trying to deal with multiple fill stations at multiple standards.

Hey, its Thursday- one step closer to Saturday... :11:

Later, Andrew

Crazyduck:
I agree with everyone about the emotions and reading posts.
It can be difficult to understand the inflections and tones.

(Just trying to state facts- no emotions.)
I was not offended by the fills or his reasoning as a business owner. I was advised in the past they have had problems filling steel tanks. No further details were provided. I got the feeling that in the past people has tried to pull things over on him and he was just being…cautious.
However, the fills were inconsistent and no were near the fill ratings for the tanks. I get a little frustrated when you pay for an air fill and you get third quarters of what you paid for however his business so I play by his rules. There are a few shops in the area so next time I will be getting fills else where. That is a shame really.

(Happy Tone)
I really do like Windy Point Private and I have been diving the site since 91 and I have to say that it is private, safe, and everyone is very friendly. I appricate what Richard provides to the diving community. Now if he put in real bathrooms/ changing areas upgrade to a real nitrox fill station- well then I would be happy as a pig in a mud pit.

(Funny/ Happy Tone) Is asking for a BBQ restaurant too much… :D .
HEHEHEHE

Technical note- (a little emotional frustration) :(
Mainly I use membrane fills stations these days (from stores that I trust.)
It would be nice if we all went to Nitrox clean air or E grade air and we would not have so many problems with filling tanks and dealing with air/ nitrox/ breathing gas. This is not a reflection on Windy Point just my opinion of trying to deal with multiple fill stations at multiple standards.

Hey, its Thursday- one step closer to Saturday... :11:

Later, Andrew

Hi Andrew,,, good to hear your reasoning on Windy Point.....what a pain you went thru. I have persl. not encountered that issue at WP with steel. You hit it on the head---do your best to use reputable fill stations for all your breathing gases! We need to hook up for some dips at some point soon. Later.... :)

I am always interested in going diving!
Especially this time of year….fry and freeze.
Fry on the surface, freeze at depth.

I am sidelined presently with the remnants of a nasty head cold.
Once I can clear my ears, dang Skippy I will be back in the water.

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom