Lanier 10/29 or 10/30????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!!! You will love it here. When not actually diving I'm usually diving around here. It's as close as you can get without getting wet!!

William Foreman:
Hello my friend, I would like to meet with yall on the 29th or the 30th. Please send me directions. If someone needs to carpool and they live in the Douglasville area, I will have some extra room for a few more. Never done the Jocasee.

Directions to Lake Jocasee...
Take I-85N to South Carolina Exit #1
Turn Left at end of exit ramp.
I believe this is SR-11
Continue on this road for about 32 miles.
Look for a sign on the right that says Devil Forks Park with arrow pointing to Left.
You need to turn Left at this road (you may pass it the first time as I did, and have to turn around) The name of the road is Jocasee Lake Rd.

After about a mile or so the road will fork. You want to stay to your LEFT.
Continue on for a few miles more. You will pass a BP (I believe) on your right. Just continue on down the road.

You will eventually come to a Park area with Camping. Before you cross into this area there is a road to your LEFT. Turn LEFT down that road. Keep going. You will soon get to a park pass mailbox thing that you need to deposit your $2.00 per person and keep the Park pass on your rearview mirror.

Keep going down the road. You will eventually get to a fork in the road with a sighn pointing to 2 different boat ramps. Turn to the right. This road dead ends into the divers boat ramp.

I will be there Sunday at 11:00am

Hope to see you there. Water will probably kinda cool....cold below the thermocline so bring appopriate exposure protection.

Jeremy

I'm not going to be able to make it on Sunday, so I'm going to do a couple of boat dives with www.scubashopsc.com Saturday afternoon. I just got off the phone and they still had 7 spots open for the afternoon trip which leaves at 3 p.m. Last weekend the water was around 73 degrees.

Brian

Wow Brian,

I just might end up going on the Saturday dive with you. I did call the dive shop and asked a few questions about the lake. From what they said the diving should be great. I'm still going to do the Sunday Dive at the ramp with the other divers as promised earlier. If no one needs to carpool with me I will see you Saturday afternoon.

William

Did 2 boat dives yesterday with www.scubashopsc.com (Scuba Shop Spartanburg SC). For the first dive we went to "The Junk" which is a small boat sunk in roughly 60'. The second dive we went to "Jean's Drift" which is a wall dive and we stayed around 60' though we could have gone deeper. The water felt good in my 7 mil at around 70 degrees. The ride back got a little chilly, but I was not nearly as cold as I thought that I would be. Visibility was pretty good - much better than Lanier the last time out. I would say that it ranged from 10 to 20 feet depending on where we were.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom