2023 "Top 10 Dives & Projects"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It was an epic year with trips to very remote places (Antarctica & Bikini Atoll), very deep places (HMHS Britannic), very restricted places (USS Moray submarine), and we managed find some new wrecks here in Southern California and film an episode of Expedition Unknown (airs 3 Jan 2024).

I honestly don't think I'll be able to top 2023. I have a lot of cool plans for 2024, but it was such an amazing year this year.

Without further ado, here is recap of my Top 10 of 2023:

Happy New Year to all and wishes for a great 2024.

- brett

You need to make a trip here to the lakes and the Baltic.

How about Black Sea in few years time?

You need to make a trip here to the lakes and the Baltic.

I went to Presque Isle in 2021 but I definitely need to get back to do more.

I'm currently targeting to be there in 2026 to dive some of the deeper wrecks but it is early in the planning stages. If there is availability sooner for a tech charter, I'm definitely looking to get back.

I haven't spent much time researching the Baltic. Any specific recommendations?

Regards,

- brett

I went to Presque Isle in 2021 but I definitely need to get back to do more.

I'm currently targeting to be there in 2026 to dive some of the deeper wrecks but it is early in the planning stages. If there is availability sooner for a tech charter, I'm definitely looking to get back.

I haven't spent much time researching the Baltic. Any specific recommendations?

Regards,

- brett
Next time you visit Lake Huron check out the W.C. Franz (225), Daniel J Morrell(195-210), Metropole(165), and the Clifton(170). I think the Russia and Celtic out of Presque Isle are making their way out too for select operations (235). The Ohio, Euturia, Merrick, and Choctaw are 300-320.

As for the Baltic from my research for my trips the best seems to be based out of Stockholm and the northern Danish coast. There's a operation out of Lithuania that's very brackish water and the wrecks are only available through charter and the details are murky (Lithuanian doesn't translate well to English search engines). Depths are solid 200' and deeper. Though most the Stockholm wrecks are between 120 and 280.

I've looked at diving in the Baltic from Poland, but not got there yet; plenty in UK waters to keep me occupied for now. The website: Wraki Bałtyku, nurkowanie na wrakach, wraki do nurkowania, wszystko o wrakach | Wraki bałtyku | WrakiBałtyku.pl has some good info on the wrecks and the range is quite good (has English language option). They also list the charter boats so you can have a look at suitable boats for what you want to dive from. This is the port area the BalticTech team dive out of, and they seem to be doing well at finding and IDing some of the WW2 Operational Hannibal wrecks, which is an interesting story in itself. Searches on "wreck diving Gdynia" will give you more, and the "Route of Death" book by Tomas Stachura has some great photography.
Rich

I've looked at diving in the Baltic from Poland, but not got there yet; plenty in UK waters to keep me occupied for now. The website: Wraki Bałtyku, nurkowanie na wrakach, wraki do nurkowania, wszystko o wrakach | Wraki bałtyku | WrakiBałtyku.pl has some good info on the wrecks and the range is quite good (has English language option). They also list the charter boats so you can have a look at suitable boats for what you want to dive from. This is the port area the BalticTech team dive out of, and they seem to be doing well at finding and IDing some of the WW2 Operational Hannibal wrecks, which is an interesting story in itself. Searches on "wreck diving Gdynia" will give you more, and the "Route of Death" book by Tomas Stachura has some great photography.
Rich

Awesome - thanks for the tips, Rich!

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom