Trip Report Bikini Atoll (June 2023)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently returned from an epic trip to Bikini Atoll. I just published the overall trip report which coves the history of Bikini and the wrecks, the logistics of getting there and back, the liveaboard boat, dive operations, etc. It is very detailed so I hope it serves as a reference for anybody else planning to dive there.

I plan to publish individual posts for each wreck. I did some pretty unique dives and visited each of the airplanes that surround the USS Saratoga and I am working on building photogrammetry models of them all. Most divers do not know about these airplanes or have not visited them. Stay tuned...

Here is a link to the full trip report:

I've got a pretty big backlog of posts about Bikini but also a few about some new and interesting things we have found in So Cal so interested readers might want to sign up on the site to get email updates when we publish.

Regards,

- brett

BTW, that was an epic trip. It was great meeting you.

Hi Brett!

Hi, Ken!

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 3.50.16 PM.png

nice write up Brett, I had 3 cancelled flights and spent 9 days in Hawaii :(- could have been worse- Ill see you in Solomons hopefully

nice write up Brett, I had 3 cancelled flights and spent 9 days in Hawaii :(- could have been worse- Ill see you in Solomons hopefully

Ugh. You were on THAT trip! My friend John Entwistle was on that one as well. I was scheduled on that trip but changed in early 2023 since it conflicted with my wedding anniversary. Luck.

Yes - hopefully I'll see you in the Solomons. I think I know about 1/2 of the divers. Lloyd M. is going and he was also on our Bikini trip.

B

Nice write up.

I see that things haven't changed flying back since I was there in June 2019. I think everyone had at least one of their bags left in Kwaj to Honolulu flight due to weight restrictions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom