Lanier Dive Report 11/25/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wanted to post a quick report of our dive yesterday. Four of us met up at West Bank Park for a little Thanksgiving dive. (KylePReid, M7Scuba, ScubaPT and myself). The day started off a little overcast and cold but cleared up nicely before the dive.

We met up over at the diver's cove and talked for a while, while waiting to see if any other Loonies showed up then decided to dive over at Mask Cove.

We suited up and hit the water. A couple of us were trying out new gear or configurations so I figured the dive would be an "experiment" of sorts for myself (trying out a Steel 95)...I was overweighted and my trim was WAAYYY OFF!!!

The four of us seperated and Kyle and ScubaPT buddied up and M7Scuba and myself buddied up.

Tale of the Tape...err I mean Computer!
Dive time = 38min
Max depth = 47'
Avg depth = 22'
Temp = 50's down to low 40's.

VIZ = 3' to 6'. It's getting better and should be really good by January and Feb.
I am happy to say that my Sea Elite 7mm Semi-Dry kept me plenty warm and my feet didn't get cold using my 2mil socks on under my boots.

After we surfaced it was just too cold to do a 2nd dive. Although during Winter we would most likely do a 2nd dive with thoes same conditions I don't think we were acclamated to the cold temps just yet.

Thanks to all who came.
See you at the pond real soon again.

Jeremy

Enjoyed getting together with everyone yesterday and looking forward to the next time. Kyle and I made it down to 54'. It was downright dark down below 40-45 feet and the viz really dropped. I was diving a new 5 mm suit and wound up being about 2 pound underweighted, this caused a bit of problems toward the end. I didn't really get to chilled until about the 30 minute mark. I guess I need to look for a 7mm, can't really justify a dry suit to the missus yet.

Had a great time yesterday. Thanks again jeremy for letting me use a tank. I talked to heather when I got home about a cooper river trip in the spring, and she is all for it. We need to get a group of people and make a day of it with off the wall charters, maybe we can get enough people together so that we can have the boat to ourselves. I will call them and see what it would cost and if there is a minimum/max. number of people we can have on the boat. I'll post what I find out and see who all wants to get involved.

Kyle

Can you guys let me know when you are going next time? I am new to the area and looking to dive a bit locally.

No Fish:
Can you guys let me know when you are going next time? I am new to the area and looking to dive a bit locally.

Keep your eyes on this forum. We ARE the Lake Lanier Looney Birds and we always post when we are going to go dive at Lanier or anywhere else locally.

The more the merrier and you and anyone else is welcome to dive with us anytime. We also have a "New Years Day Dive" each year on...well, New Years day. This is the "initiation" dive for any Loonies for the next year. It is spearheaded by The Kraken. Stay posted for exact times of this upcoming event.

Bring out a drysuit or a toasty 7mil and meet us at the pond. I'm up for diving the 11th, 17th or 18th - December.

Jeremy

I am looking forward to it. Yes, I will set out the dry suit. I will keep an eye out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom