Large Dive shops in the U.S.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
In October I'm going to have about four days to get from Orlando to Los Angeles to fly back to Australia after attending a trade show in Orlando. Any suggestions for dive shops to visit while getting from A to B. The only one I really know of is DRIS in Chicago. I'm not into cave diving but am into rebreathers and tech and cold water diving.

Are you driving or flying? If you're flying I suggest skipping the middle part and just bumming around the Fort Lauderdale area for a few days. We have Dive Gear Express, Force-E, Dixie Divers, and Divers Direct for big shops and loads of specialty shops like Aqui watersports for tech, or ReefPhoto for photo gear.

If you're driving there's simply no way to go from Orlando to Chicago to LA in four days , thats 47 hours of straight driving according to google maps. (Orlando convention center, to DRIS, to LAX)

Are you driving or flying? If you're flying I suggest skipping the middle part and just bumming around the Fort Lauderdale area for a few days. We have Dive Gear Express, Force-E, Dixie Divers, and Divers Direct for big shops and loads of specialty shops like Aqui watersports for tech, or ReefPhoto for photo gear.

If you're driving there's simply no way to go from Orlando to Chicago to LA in four days , thats 47 hours of straight driving according to google maps. (Orlando convention center, to DRIS, to LAX)
Will be flying - as you said its a big drive otherwise. Will take a look at the websites for those that you have suggested - many thanks!

... Any suggestions for dive shops to visit while getting from A to B.
Coming out of Orlando and you'll be headed north probably up highway I-75. It's only a few kilometers from I-75 and It would definitely be worth a stop just to take a picture to show your friends back home a HUGE tank fill station. It's size is impressive even to other dive shop owners. That would be Amigo's in Fort White. About 2 hours north of Orlando and right on your route.

Amigos.jpg

Back
Top Bottom