Las Estacas, Cuernavaca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhpdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone here familiar with this area ? We are moving to Cuernavaca in January and are planning on bringing our 4 steel 100's with us. I figure I need to remove the valves and was wondering if there is a dive shop in the area for fills etc. Are hydro's/visuals required in Mexico or are they a US invention ?

Thanks

I do not know the area, but it's south of Mexico City, right - 5 hour drive from Veracruz? I've read of shops in Veracruz, but I don't see any water closer. :idk:

Are you going to fly them there in luggage? That could be tricky. If you drive them down, you shouldn't need to remove the valves.

By nos you should be in Cuernavaca and you may know your way around, but in any case the best place to do any service to your gear is in Mexico City, it is just an hour drive and there are several dice shops with qualified personnel.

Also you could go to Acapulco, it is farther away but there are several diving sites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi lhpdiver!
Las estacas has a Divecenter inside, I think they could charge your tanks, I went there a few times and they also rent tanks. From Cuernavaca you are really closed to Acapulco and there are a very beatifull places to dive. We have a diveshop in Mexico city Www.DiveLife.Mx we have compressor there and we make service for all the mayor brands of equipment, so if yoy need some assitance don´t hesitate to contact us.
Hope to see you soon in Mexico.
Regards,
Fran

Back
Top Bottom