Las Vegas area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

American Cactus Divers. 702-433-DIVE. American Cactus Divers Full Service PADI Certified Dive Shop. Jerry or Tina will be glad to help you.

Keep in mind, Lake Mead ain't the Caribbean. You won't get 100 ft viz, you'll get 10 - 15. You won't see colorful reef fish, you must settle for the occasional catfish or striped bass, and then not on every dive. A couple of times I've gotten in the middle of a shad boil, and that's fun, but you can't count on it.

Most locals who get certified at the lake never dive there again, but some of us dive there regularly and we think it is worthwhile. I say this not to dissuade you but to let you know the reality. I took a friend from Florida out to the lake once and he said it was a waste of time, he was so spoiled by his hundreds of dives in Florida. Just so you know.

If you're looking for a REALLY fun dive in LV, I suggest the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. They recently opened it up to divers, $650/person OR $1000/couple. Here's a link to an article :

Dive with Sharks: an experience with real teeth - Las Vegas, Nevada

Back
Top Bottom