last dive till im certified :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to the latest DAN statistics 50% of all fatalities occur to divers with less than a year experience. Of those 25% occur during their very first open water dive. Be careful

Is that 25% of the total fatalities per year, or 25% of the 50% that occur in the first year? If the latter, then it's 12.5% of the total. But that's still a very very high percentage to occur during the first open-water dive.

25 of the 50. And I really should update my profile. I am also on a public safety dive team. We do alot of local diving in lakes, quarries and the Mississippi. Some of it black water with 0' vis. I dont count that in my profile just because I want to keep track of my "open water" experience. Technically the lakes and quarries are confined open water and the rivers are less diving and more search and rescue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom