Late lunch at Goode Seafood Company, March 20 @ 2PM (RSVP Here)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been busy all weekend.....I've got pics of everyone, I think there were 16 of us. Beast and I had a great time, especially meeting ParrotheadDiver and husband, and Firedogut and wife/SO?. Sorry folks, I'm horrible with names!

I'll download the pics later tonight and post them.

LOL....sorry 'bout that! It was great meeting you both. Tell Christi not to be a stranger on the board.

Well, first of all, the oyster po-boy was great! The people and conversation even better, It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Hope to see ya'll again somewhere.

And yes, Dee you've been busy. Ann and I enjoyed the afternoon joining you and Beast for the equipment check out exercise. I won't mention your self rescue exercise!!

Regards,

PS The burgers were good also.

When Beast and I got to Goode's, ParrotheadDiver and her husband were waiting for us. They had driven in from San Marcos. Very cool! When we were asked how mant in our party, going by the responses we'd had, I guesstimated 8-10 people. Wrong! Goode's was very nice about adding tables as folks showed up and we needed the extra spaces. We ended up with 16 Swampers....

ParrotheadDiver and Hubby
Firedogut and Christi
Charlyn
Justin and Dad
CudaBait
GeekDiver, wife and two daughters (Jr. Swampers!)
Donbon
Leisrom
Beast and I

Here are some not very good snapshots....
1....Charlyn, Mr. & Mrs. ParrotHead Diver - the sane one's of the bunch!
2....Firedogut and Christi - Not sure what they got into with this bunch!
3....Dad and Justin - Two of a kind!
4....Donbon, thinking up some mischief!
5....Leisrom, CudaBait, GeekDiver-The 3 Amigos
I don't know why we didn't get Mrs. Geek and the girls in the photos. Please excuse my memory, I'm horrible at remembering names! Feel free to correct me...please!

Last night we ventured out on the town and went to hear CudaBait's band, the No Stress Express, playing. 5 of the most laid back 'old dudes' who can pick and grin with the best of them! I'm hoping the musically adept Swampers will join Paul at our next Swampers get together for a jam session!

Today Beast had me at the lake at 8am for a couple of dives, scouring the bottom. Mark (leisrom)showed up with a new 2pm 5mil suit to test out. After 2 dives, CudaBait and his lovely wife, Ann, joined Beast and I at WW Diving's indoor pool to check out some new gear and make the the old stuff still worked. Sure enough, I got about 4 ft. deep when the o-ring on my 2nd stage swivel blew out. That was exciting! I played around some with the camera rig, getting used to some new stuff. It sure was nice to get wet again, even if it was just the pool! A nice dinner at Chili's capped of a great weekend. Thanks everyone...we had a grand time!

We had a great time Sat. Hope we all can dive together sometime. Maybe this summer at Travis. We enjoyed meeting everyone.
Cudabait loved your story about your barracuda attack uh I guess that name fits you. Dee & Beast, Firedogut & Christie, Charlyn, Justin & dad very nice to meet and talk with you. Didn't get to the end of the table to meet and talk with the rest of the crew they need round table in that place.
Dee if you and Beast are ever on another road trip our way the invitation is open. Maybe we can get together for Sea Space.

Wow - Looks like I missed a great time Saturday. My husband had to work the Home Show at GRB and didn't get home until 9:30..........but let us know when y'all get together again. And Dee - what "Lake" did you dive in on Sunday???

Parker....we go to Twin Lakes every weekend. I think we've only missed 2 or 3 all winter. Beast loves his drysuit! I'm hoping the water is warm enough for me this next weekend. Come out and join us!

Dee...we should be there in a couple of weeks with some students. I'll let you know and then set up a meeting place......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom