Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Holly. That is wonderful news to hear. I had been worried all weekend about Cozumel.

Are they any reports of injuries on the island?

Thanks so much for the updates. It really helps keep my imagination in check! I'm so glad everyone seems OK.

Thank you so much, Holly, for giving us an update. As I watched the storm progress last night, I was so worried about everyone. Your update helped relieve my worries a bit. Thanks again!

Grabbed this blurb off of a Mexican news site. I used the free translation option so it isn't great but here ya go.

In Cozumel, from the five of afternoon they let circulate automotive, and even, to the edge of the 5 patrols they did I complete route by the colonies to notice that there is not anybody outside during the hurricane.

Until now the only taken care of emergencies they have been two women with seven months of pregnancy, that by nervous crises had abortion threats, but nothing burdens.

What yes it is reported is that the price of the purified water the high one.

Glad to hear it Holly!!

Don't you just love the free translation services? LOL

I knew my highschool spanish classes were going to come in handy some day... Now if I can just remember some of those words ...

Diana5531:
Does anyone know EXACTLY where Emily hit the mainland ? We're trying to get through to Akumal and cell phone lines are down. I did hear from my rentor (finally), Melody (met through Scubaboard). They were evacuated to Bacalar, and are fine.

Diana
According to MSNBC it hit the mainland over Tulum. Thank God no reported injuries or deaths - just 25000 evacuated to safe areas. Hope all is well there.

Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom