Southwest Leaving Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fantroym

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
No wonder I couldn't find SW flights for our trip next Jan. - thought about using miles from wife's credit card.

Instead will do the normal for us - American Airlines miles for airfare - always get 1 checked bag free from credit card, but new for me (I must be getting important,) my status gets us 2 free checked bags for each traveler. Will still only check one though!

yea after pricing everything for my March trip, I am thinking of trying the bag drag to see if saving a few hundred dollars is worth the hassle, Plus they offer direct flights from STL to Cancun, so the no layover might make up for the time getting down from Cancun.

I did not see an effective date for the cessation of service to Cozumel in that article.
just looking at the website it looks like August 4th is the last flight

just looking at the website it looks like August 4th is the last flight
I think that this was standard for Southwest to drop service in low season (mid-August thru late October / early November) in years past, sometimes completely and others to once a week. The difference after today’s announcement is they no longer plan to start it up again in the fall.

They are no longer going to be in the Houston airport at all either
It looks like they will still be going to Hobby, just not IAH. The part I will miss most is doing customs at Hobby, the Cozumel flight always seemed to be the first of several international flights and it was always super easy.

No wonder I couldn't find SW flights for our trip next Jan. - thought about using miles from wife's credit card.

Instead will do the normal for us - American Airlines miles for airfare - always get 1 checked bag free from credit card, but new for me (I must be getting important,) my status gets us 2 free checked bags for each traveler. Will still only check one though!
I never get a free checked bag with AA on international flights - only domestic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom