Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife:
3 Cheers For Holly, our intreped Scubaboard hurricane central reporter, providing up to the minute information from her sources "on location"! Thanks for your time to keep us all updated. We need to tell CNN and The Weather Channel to call you. You're doing better then they are today.

"just North of Tulum" doesn't sound good. But, since so far most damage seems to be cosmetic hopefully all is well south of PDC.

Get home safely.

Hi!
My heart is breaking for those in Tulum, Akumal, Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen. After being in ALL those spots last week taking images, it feels very erie. No they did not fair well I fear. I am trying DESPERATELY to reach Karen or Debbie from Dive Aventuras - to no luck yet.
If tourism takes a hit in Coz, I'll call CNN for a job!!!!!!
I'll keep you updated on the mainland stuff since I know you have close ties there. You may or may not have looked at this yet. And frankly, it may or may not be a good idea for you to do so - but www.stormcarib.com has a great liknk to 181 photos from a guy (in Cancun I think) that turned my stomach - but helped put Coz into perspective.

texmaxdiver:
It makes me cringe that these places are on the island, just as it does when I see 7 cruise ships lined up in port and the town overrun with cruise ship passengers. I don't really understand why you'd even really want to come to Cozumel on a cruise. Sure, a few of them are divers, but most of them just want the all you can eat buffet, a slot machine for their dollars, and cheezy jewelry stores. It cracks me up that these people think they're getting some type of "authentic Mexican isla experience" when most of them never leave the waterfront t-shirt shops and bars. Send the cruise ships to Cancun, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Cayman. Save the cool islands for people who will really appreciate them.

Easy there big fellow, get a grip of yourself would ya ? I happen to love to cruise and being able to dive different dive spots at the same time being able to spend time with the family with no internet,no cell,no office,etc.
We decided at Xmas instead of gifts,etc to just take a cruise with our 9 year old ,sure mom packed a few xmas gifts but for the most part our xmas gift was out cruise. We did GC,Coz,Costa Maya,Belieze and I got in some incredible dives.
Thers no need to be a hater,just be glad others are helping keep alive a local economy so YOU can return and dive there again. :wink:

And OBTW , did a great week of diving in Maui in May, what about you ? :eyebrow:

michaelaz:
Easy there big fellow, get a grip of yourself would ya ? I happen to love to cruise and being able to dive different dive spots at the same time being able to spend time with the family with no internet,no cell,no office,etc.
We decided at Xmas instead of gifts,etc to just take a cruise with our 9 year old ,sure mom packed a few xmas gifts but for the most part our xmas gift was out cruise. We did GC,Coz,Costa Maya,Belieze and I got in some incredible dives.
Thers no need to be a hater,just be glad others are helping keep alive a local economy so YOU can return and dive there again. :wink:

And OBTW , did a great week of diving in Maui in May, what about you ? :eyebrow:

Hi!
What did you think of the diving in Costa Maya? We just spent 2 days there last week for Sport Diver - wow - was that prisitine coral and abundant or what???? Cool Stuff!

Holly, thanks a ton for the info. In your estimation, do you think they will be allowing tourists onto the island by Friday?

Jarrett:
Holly, thanks a ton for the info. In your estimation, do you think they will be allowing tourists onto the island by Friday?
Gosh I hope so!!!! I want to go home SOOOOOO bad! And we are suppossed to have the PADI DIving Event at Scuba Club start on Saturday!!!!!
Honestly - it all depends on the electricity situation. Call your airline & see what they know - I truly believe they may know when they are sending full planes into Coz before the powers that be in Cozumel!!!!!

Cozoholic:
Holly: Have you heard from Alison? We were wondering how she is doing.
I have not, and I specifically asked Armando if he had seen her - he said not yet. I will tell him to keep a special eye out for her and Chucho and see if we can't get you that info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom