Latex Wrist Seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plus they probably add on another 15% surcharge.

the K

darkstar:
you'll be forced to ... god forbid, make minor repairs yourself. And then where would you get fills? :crafty:
ROFL

Darkstar,
I thought I was giving it a pretty fair chance to go through a LDS, and would have no problem paying for it. But key word being Local, and the only reponses I got back for an LDS to do it for me was not to local! And even if they could get it to me in a timely manner.
So I still have to agree with Rollie. Do it myself and even if I have to do it a couple of times to get it right, I'm probably going to get it done quicker than waiting for the LDS.

coldwaterdivergirl:
Do it myself and even if I have to do it a couple of times to get it right, I'm probably going to get it done quicker than waiting for the LDS...
Plus, you'll never have to worry about it in the future either. Once you know how to do it, and have the tools, glue, and spares to do it with, it won't be a major issue.

Hey, not all drysuit seals/cuffs are made equal, the "gaskets" as they're called in the yakking community are paper thin compared to a "proper" cuff.
If "paper thin" is OK, check out places that sell kayaks & "drysuits".
Otherwise check the classifieds here at ScubaBoard: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=109625
There's even a URL for a [free] downloadable slideshow. :D

MEC sells BARE kayak suits that are almost exactly like the NEX-GEN scuba suits, so while I havent inspected their wrist seals for thickness there's a good chance you be getting a seal from same supplier as BARE gets. Some drysuit manufacturers offer different thickness seals anyway.
The more I learn and hear about how slow and hard it is to repair and modify drysuits locally, the more I'm inclined to see if a certain seamstress I know is interested in getting into repairing and modifying them. Its not rocket science, in fact very little of scuba gear is. Everyone goes on about regulators but reality is an average autobody shop has far more 'regs' than your average diver and they get rebuilt at the drop of a hat. I'd say we have at least 50 'regs' in service at my shop and some of them deliver 100% pure medical grade oxygen to be ignited by 250000 volts so the quality of a rebuild is an issue for us as it is for a diver, I even set my IP at similar pressures. In fact cleanliness even more so because we have enough pure oxygen to send the shuttle into orbit.

PS guys and gals, I think Darkstarts 'where d'ya get the air' comment was a bit tongue in cheek..... a lot of times your LDS force you to look elsewhere by not stocking what you want and not really wanting to get involved. Most of the summer I've been trying to replace a spare, but leaking HP hose and not one shop from Toronto to Kingston I've inquired in had the size hose I asked for, nor seemed very interested over a $40-$50 hose. Not knocking any shops, thats just way it is in a small market sport...

Call me, I can help you out.

Thanks for the info Tom, but I did call them. Unfortunately they are unable to repair the seal until early September and they did not have any Latex Seal Cement to purchase.

It's not that we do not know where to take it, as stated in earlyier posts, no one is able to help me. But I've got some now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom