LBTS kayak/ beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajahman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,
I would appreciate any info about kayak/beach scuba or snorkeling at LBTS.My family and I will be staying at the High Noon Resort the first week of August and have read that there is a nice reef near shore.We have scuba'd off of Vero and Pepper park and have a Hobie tandem mirage to dive out of.Will most likely rent BCD and Octo and would like a dive shop recomendation.Also, are there any restrictions concerning beach launching of the kayak from shore.Any pertenant info abour the area would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for any replies.
Ajahman.

I have a Ocean Kayak Trident Prowler and would not bother to bring it to LBTS. The reef is a short kick out.

OTOH the kayak gives you a much greater range...I've yak dived LBTS and really enjoyed it.

Gold Coast Scuba is close to the beach, they rent gear and can answer all of your local beach and kayak diving questions. They also have a very active dive meetup group, if you're looking for local buddies. Give them a call. Tell 'em Debby Diver said hi, I miss them since I moved away.

Thanks guys! I knew that I would get some great info from the good people @ scubaboard.Still open for more opinions and advise.Keep em coming!Thanks again!

Thanks guys! I knew that I would get some great info from the good people @ scubaboard.Still open for more opinions and advise.Keep em coming!Thanks again!

I just recently dived LBTS for the first time and having used Ocean Kayaks as dive platforms on Long Island, I would say don't bother.
But I would like to know if The long surface swim there' IMO would make kayak diving a good choice.

BTW, I've included a crude video I did of LBTS. Lauderdale by the Sea on Vimeo

In my previous post I didn't proofread properly. I was wondering about the Pompano Dropoff as a kayak dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom