LBTS tonight? 10-17-05 FULL MOON!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four of us showed up at Marvel's front yard and everybody wimped out but Andrew and myself. Entered the water at about 8:30 and backed out (so as not to lose the second swim fin today to the surf gods). Descended on the first reef and proceeded north. Vis was about 12 feet and as long as you held the light away from yourself could see pretty good. Saw a neat octopus who was very anti-social, but we played with him a bit anyway.
There were a number of doctors, trunk fish, a big trumpet fish, and other interesting critters, but saw no bugs. All in all it was a pretty nice dive, even though the vis was a bit sucky. Collected a half dozen golf balls and came back after about 1:20. As the old saying goes. "Even a bad day diving is better than a good day at work":D

Sorry about bailing out... I actually fell asleep quite early last night... Yesterday proved to be more work than I thought. Dealing with the movie theater above us leaking old coke and slurpee into our store (in FL), finding out that one employee was drinking on the job (CO), another was stealing, and one didn't see that a "customer" stole a bunch of things from right under his nose!?!

Oh well...I guess it's better to bail out on a dive, than dive tired...

I could handle the NE wind that made the surf steal one of my fins, I can stand a bit of rain, and clouds, but I admit it; I'm prejudiced against "Wilma".

Leaving in the mornigh and heading north. The cold water is Arkansas looks better for the next couple weeks than conditions around here. See you guys next year when the seas will be calm, the temperatures warm, and the skies clear and bright.

Chuck

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom