LBTS Wednesday Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So who is going tonight? We are interested...

Cool Beans...
So far, AABond, Marvel, Me, SmokeAire.. and YOU!!!!!!

It was after 8PM when we descended into the dark depths. Pretty good current running south dictated that we go north. The clan of us, 9 in all amongst 3 flags dropped down and headed north, and almost immediately spit up the big group into our "sub" groups. I was with Howarde and his wife. We stayed on the first reef. I didn't think there was a lot to see, however the highlight of the evening was when I had a small shrimp in my hand, maybe a 1/2" long. I am looking at it swimming. Now its dead. Dang. Wait, there's two of them. Hmm what are they doing? One is alive. (realization setting in) Holy Cow I just saw a shrimp molt! How cool is that? The whole process lasted under 10 seconds.
On the way in, we turned off lights to play with the phosphoresence, always a fun activity.
Post dive we hung out in the parking lot for quite a while telling stories. It was late when I got home and we still had gear to rinse. Oh well. Glad to have met some new folks, Carlos and Juan Carlos joined us from Edivers, and I forsee some more diving with Howard and his wife.
Chuck, glad to dive with ya again, sorta. Gotta do it again.
Donna, glad you could make it.
Andrew, always a pleasure diving with ya
and of course, Marvel, "What if?" :wink:

Scuba_Jenny:
It was after 8PM when we descended into the dark depths. Pretty good current running south dictated that we go north. The clan of us, 9 in all amongst 3 flags dropped down and headed north, and almost immediately spit up the big group into our "sub" groups. I was with Howarde and his wife. We stayed on the first reef. I didn't think there was a lot to see, however the highlight of the evening was when I had a small shrimp in my hand, maybe a 1/2" long. I am looking at it swimming. Now its dead. Dang. Wait, there's two of them. Hmm what are they doing? One is alive. (realization setting in) Holy Cow I just saw a shrimp molt! How cool is that? The whole process lasted under 10 seconds.

I think you scared it out of skin!

Scuba_Jenny:
On the way in, we turned off lights to play with the phosphoresence, always a fun activity.
Post dive we hung out in the parking lot for quite a while telling stories. It was late when I got home and we still had gear to rinse. Oh well. Glad to have met some new folks, Carlos and Juan Carlos joined us from Edivers, and I forsee some more diving with Howard and his wife.
Chuck, glad to dive with ya again, sorta. Gotta do it again.
Donna, glad you could make it.
Andrew, always a pleasure diving with ya
and of course, Marvel, "What if?" :wink:

It was fun. I dove with Marvels "sub" group. Critters seen: Baby Nurse shark, stingray and a big ole orange sea star; an eel with tubes for nostrils( don't no name), high hats (?) and a mans boxer shorts that I was going to bring for Jenny to go with her mighty fine hat but decided not to touch it.
We didn't get home till midnight and finished rinsing around one.
Enjoyed diving with above named group and hope to do it again soon but next time way before my beddy time. Hey I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Yes... It was a great time... The worst part about night diving... Getting home late and then rinsing gear... We didn't get into bed until after 1am... Maybe it was the jet-lag kicking in...

Thanks guys for making our first conch diver dive awesome! Can't wait to do it again!

I agree! Last night was great fun. We definitely need to go out again but perhaps by the second reef where the vis is a little better and has more life to see.

aabond:
...but perhaps by the second reef where the vis is a little better and has more life to see.

geez he's already getting picky, soon you'll be like jenny and only dive when the waves are under 1 foot and the water is over 80 degrees...

badmojo:
geez he's already getting picky, soon you'll be like jenny and only dive when the waves are under 1 foot and the water is over 80 degrees...

The water gets below 80? Uh Oh. (JK)

Waves and temp don't bother me, but i do like the ability to see things underwater without being blurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom