Least expensive nitrox certification option in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not surprising; everything in a resort area is expensive.
MSRP for PADI elearning for Nitrox is $212. Add on the cost of some classroom/instructor time for learning how to analyze and taking a test.

The problem is PADI eLearning cost. Avoid PADI, avoid eLearning.

At 2 dives per day, I'd skip the Nitrox Cert in Coz, just dive air and do your Nitrox classes when you get home and can shop around on pricing. The difference you get with one repetitive dive per day is just not worth the expense.

At 2 dives per day, I'd skip the Nitrox Cert in Coz, just dive air and do your Nitrox classes when you get home and can shop around on pricing. The difference you get with one repetitive dive per day is just not worth the expense.
Unless you are one of those people -- like me -- who get less tired breathing Nitrox.

Unless you are one of those people -- like me -- who get less tired breathing Nitrox.

Michael Jackson also loved taking O2 therapy, so you are in good company.

Michael Jackson also loved taking O2 therapy, so you are in good company.
LOL. Believe what you want.

ADDED:
The science was summarized most recently in Nitrox?.
I know of nothing new to add.
Conclusion: less fatigue is neither proven nor disproven.
If you feel less fatigue, go for it.
If you don't, STFU.

@tursiops,

Remember the 1980s and 1990s when PADI and Skin Diver magazine were all up in arms against Voodoo Gas [Nitrox]. They practically kept it out of recreational divers reach for 15 years. Oh the horror, the horror...

Ok..... so even at the risk of getting flack from all the self proclaimed "gurus" on this forum......my opinion is that Nitrox (32%) training is a joke.

1) Set your computer to 32%

2) Go diving, breath in, breath out......repeat as needed.

3) Don't exceed the prescribed MOD (111ft)

4) Follow your computers directions for deco info and subsequent dives.

Viola!!!!!!! You are now a Nitrox diver!!

PS.... There is no need for any additional care or "cleaning" of your regs or tanks for 32%.

Ok..... so even at the risk of getting flack from all the self proclaimed "gurus" on this forum......my opinion is that Nitrox (32%) training is a joke.

1) Set your computer to 32%

2) Go diving, breath in, breath out......repeat as needed.

3) Don't exceed the prescribed MOD (111ft)

4) Follow your computers directions for deco info and subsequent dives.
You forgot about analyzing your tank, and that ll Nitrox is not 32%, and that three is a "why" behind the MOD, and that too much O2 can be harmful, as well.
Of course, if you actually taught what you said, your are correct, your training is a joke. AND is dangerous.

You forgot about analyzing your tank, and that ll Nitrox is not 32%, and that three is a "why" behind the MOD, and that too much O2 can be harmful, as well.
Of course, if you actually taught what you said, your are correct, your training is a joke. AND is dangerous.

Hey....... I knew I could count on you as a self proclaimed guru. Yes, I forgot about the importance of analyzing your gas.

5) Always analyze your gas to confirm mix. Use a good analyzer, hook it up and read the numbers.

Hey....... I knew I could count on you as a self proclaimed guru. Yes, I forgot about the importance of analyzing your gas.

5) Always analyze your gas to confirm mix. Use a good analyzer, hook it up and read the numbers.
Don't forget to calibrate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom